The “Events” section is great for setting up holidays or off-days in your plans. You can also quickly set up special occurrences using this.
1. To add an event, click the "Add" button in the upper-left corner of the screen and select "Event".
2. In the “Start Date” and “End Date” fields, select the first/last day you want the event to display in your plans. If the event will only last one day, set the start/end date as the same date.
3. Set the time the event occurs using the “Start/End Time” fields.
4. If the event repeats, adjust the “Repeats” field. Note - this will only appear if the event is set to occur for more than one day.
5. Set a title for the event in the “Event Title” field in the upper blue bar.
6. Enter the text for the event in the edit window. This is optional.
7. Save the changes by clicking the check mark button and you’ll see the event appear.
There are additional options you can select using the checkboxes in the upper-right corner of the event window:
No School Day: Select this if the event occurs when you do not have school/class or will prevent class from occurring (snow day, special off day, etc.) If lessons and classes are scheduled during the event, you’ll receive a prompt to shift your lessons after applying. Choose “Shift Lessons” to shift the lessons to accommodate the event. Choose “Do Not Shift Lessons” if you wish to remove those classes/lessons.
Private Event: Choose this option to hide the event in the “Student View”. For more information, please refer to the “Student View” section of this guide.
Alternate Day: Use the drop-down menu to quickly enter an alternate schedule day into your plans. For more information on setting up Alternate Schedule Days, search "Alternate Schedule" in the Knowledge Base.
No Cycle Day: If you do not have a rotating schedule, you may not see this option. This will make your cycle schedule skip the day and remove all classes from that selected date.