For school or district accounts, we recommend that an administrator create a school year, and then ask teachers to Connect to the Administrator School Year. This will ensure all teachers have a consistent date range, schedule type, and lesson layout for the school year. An administrator created school year also allows administrators to take advantage of the Report on Teacher Plans feature.
To add a new school year for your school or district:
- From the Planbook Bar, select School Years.
- Click the Add Year (+) icon in top-right menu.
- Enter a Name for the school year.
- Enter a Start Date for the school year. This will typically match the first day of student attendance.
- Enter an End Date for the school year. This will typically match the last day of student attendance.
- Select a default Lesson Layout for the school year.
- Under Classes are Scheduled, select the type of schedule for the school year.
- If you have a Cycle Schedule, enter a name for each cycle day in the Day Names section.
- If desired, enter a grading scale (letter grades) in the Grading Scale section.
- If desired, enter grading periods (terms) in the the Grading Periods section.
- If desired, adjust the days of school in the School Days section.
- If desired, enter a Start Time and End Time for the school day in the School Times section.
- Click the Save (checkmark) icon in top-right menu to save your changes.