On this page, teachers can create seating chart layouts for their classrooms. To access this, click on the Go To menu and select "Class Seating" from the list.
1. You'll first need to create a "Room Layout" first. You can do this by clicking on the "Room Layouts" button at the top of the screen and selecting "Add Room Layout".
2. Enter a Room Layout title at the top of the page and begin to choose the number of rows/columns for your Room Layout by adjusting the number fields.
In the below example, we've named our Room Layout "Room 10B" and set the rows/columns to 4.
3. You can remove seats from the Room Layout by clicking on the squares corresponding to the seats. You'll see a removed seat appearing in a lighter gray color.
4. Save the room layout by clicking the check mark icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
5. To add a Class Seating layout for the Room Layout you've just created, click on the "Class Seating" button at the top of the screen and select "Add Class Seating".
6. Enter a name for your Class Seating chart by entering text in the blue bar at the top of the screen.
7. Select a desired Room Layout by using the drop-down menu.
8. Select a specific class in your schedule that this seating chart will apply to by using the next drop-down menu. If the seating chart applies to all of your classes in your schedule, you can leave "All Day" selected.
9. Select a time period this seating chart will apply to by using the date fields.
10. Add students to specific seats by clicking and dragging the students from the list on the left side of the screen to the right side of the screen. You'll see the initials of the students appear on the seat you've assigned those to.
11. When finished, save the changes by clicking the check mark icon in the upper-right corner of the screen. After you have saved your Room Layout and Class Seating chart, you can view or edit those at any time on the "Class Seating" page of your plans.