Skip to content

General

1375 results found

1. Allow units to be assigned to multiple classes

When I design a unit, I can only attach it to one class. I teach elementary specials, and I apply the same unit to multiple hours and days of the week. For example, I have five different first grade classes. They won't stay on the same exact schedule of lessons throughout the year. Eventually, they'll have the same units. Instead of rewriting that unit, I would like to apply to multiple classes.

758 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To assign a single unit to multiple classes, we recommend that you create a Unit Lesson Bank, and then LINK the new unit to your classes. You can link the new unit to as many classes as you’d like, and any changes you make to the lessons in the unit bank will automatically show in all classes with the link!

You can view our Knowledge Base (https://planbook.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1947406-copying-linking-units-in-your-account) or our Video Tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNValfrajJE) to learn more. We hope this helps, any questions do not hesitate to contact us at support@planbook.com. Thanks!

2. View plans horizontally

If I were able to view and print my plans horizontally, I could place pages side by side in a binder. This would help me to see my entire day without flipping pages. Keeping my computer logged on to the website to reference my plans throughout the day isn't an option with preset energy saving options put in place by my district.

704 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Horizontal View is now available! To switch to horizontal view, click Go To → Display Settings, and select “Horizontal” Lesson Orientation. Any questions, just let us know!

3. Add additional undo capabilities

Add an undo button that gives you a drop down of several things that you have done recently. Be sure to include imports, no class days, deletions, etc.

606 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our new Change History feature offers a comprehensive view of all actions you take on your plans, and allows you to UNDO the most recent changes!

To access your Change History, click "User Settings" > "Change History".

4. Export to Google Calendar

It would be great to export Planbook to Google Calendar so that students have one less web site to go to and have access to their homework as well as their personnal agenda and goals.

576 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow units to be copied

Just like I can copy lessons to my repeat classes (I teach middle school), I'd love to copy units to repeat classes. I can change the class in the first drop down and save, but this seems to move the unit rather than copy it.

537 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Copy Units is now available! To copy units, simply click the “Copy” button from the Week View, and select Units. Any questions, just let us know!

6. Attach documents to lessons

I would like to be able to attach documents to the lesson and make it available to students so that they can download pdf, word, power points, jpeg if they are absent.

530 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Lock lesson to a date

I would be nice to be able to anchor single lessons, whole days, or even whole weeks so that when lessons are bumped or deleted, the anchored items don't move. For example, I programmed "Benchmark Week" on April 8th. Obviously it needs to stay there, but when I bump, it bumps also. The benchmark people won't go along with it; I promise.

521 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Chris responded

You can now “lock” a lesson to a date, by selecting the “Lock lesson to date” option in the lesson editor.

8. Allow drag/drop to different time slot

In elementary events arise that has us changing the times for just that day. If we could drag and drop classes into time slots that would be fantastic, instead of having it written in the header of the class. Allow us to set a template as a default, then tinker from that point.

497 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We now support the ability to drag and drop lessons to different dates and/or classes! When you get a chance, please give it a try and let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!

9. Create a Lesson Bank

I'd like to see a "holding tank" where I could store lessons. Within this archive, units and lessons could be fleshed out, shifted, shuffled, grouped, labelled and organized.

488 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  39 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Checkbox to mark lesson complete

I would love to be able to "check off" lessons as I complete them during the day. It would also be great if there was a check box feature within the lesson, like the bullets.

454 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Save to Microsoft Word

With this feature, you would be able to import your lesson plans into Microsoft Word this way you can adjust fonts for ones that fit your style. Also with this feature once it is imported into Word you can resize your font, this way you have a better opportunity to fit your week's worth of lessons on a 2 page spread. Currently when I print to PDF it is multiple pages. This is great for those you have to print their lessons and display on their desk for the week and for those who like to see lessons on paper.

429 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To save your lessons to Microsoft Word, use the Print Icon, and then select Microsoft Word in the Send To field. You can save a Day, Week, Month, List, or individual lessons in Microsoft Word. Any questions, please let us know at support@planbook.com. Thanks!

12. Create an app for iPad

I would love to be able to access my planbook account through easy access on my iPad.

415 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! We have released an iPad app for planbook.com! This is a FREE app for our planbook.com subscribers! Take a look and let us know what you think.

Thanks!

13. Sync lessons between classes

It would be much easier to sync with specific teachers in my school, rather than import their plans. That way, when someone changes their plans, it automatically changes everyone who is synced to that person instead of having to import every time a change is made.

395 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To simplify the process of sharing lessons, we’ve added support for class collaboration. Multiple teachers (or a single teacher with multiple sections) can now “share” the lessons of a class. A change made by one teacher will automatically update the lesson for all teachers who share the class. To allow others to share your lessons, edit the class, and set Collaborate to “View Only” or “View/Edit”. To share the lessons from another teacher, edit your class, and set Collaborate to “Replica”. You’ll then be able to select a teacher and class to share the lessons.

14. Track standards taught

On your competitor's planbook, they track the standards that have already been taught. Will your product have this capability? Overall I prefer yours, and our school is currently voting on the product we will purchase. Love that students can check their assignments. That is a huge plus for me!

378 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Tracking standards has been added to planbook.com! To track your standards, click Go To → Standards. Please contact us at support@planbook.com with any questions.

Thanks!

15. Auto save feature in lesson editor

Similarly to how a word will auto save/ recover your work, planbook should look into that same type of feature.

377 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  16 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 364 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Planbook.com Android App is now available in the Google App Store! When you get a chance, please give it a try and let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!

17. Integrate with Google Classroom

Google Apps for Education provides an API to allow Planbook to create a sharing option for teachers. Please do this!

340 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As a first step in our integration with Google Classroom, you can now view Google Classroom assignments and announcements in your plans. To view Google Classroom items, go to your Account Page → Google+ Connect, and select the classrooms to include in your plans. We’ll be adding more Google Classroom features throughout the year, so please let us know if there are specific functions you’d like to see!

18. Add a search feature

I'd like to search my lesson plans. For example, I might want to view my lesson on instruments of the orchestra, but don't remember when it was taught. A search feature would let me find it quickly.

334 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now search your plans for all lessons that contain a specific key word or phrase. The search will look through all your classes, as well as all your school years, and return all matches. To search your plans, click Go To → Search.

19. 334 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! We’ve added new options to session management. On your Planbook Account page, you can now set your session timeout to 24 hours, 30 days, or never. Hope that helps, any questions please let us know. Thanks!

20. Bump/Extend just standards

I would like to be able to bump just the standards from one day to the next, not the whole lesson. At the beginning of the year we may have the same standards all week. When I try and bump just the standards, it bumps the whole lesson.

330 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now extend just standards to future lessons. To extend standards, click the action arrow in the upper right corner of the lesson, and select Extend Standards.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 68 69
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base