Skip to content

General

1375 results found

1. Add a gradebook

i love your planning features but i have to use a different app for grading. PLEASE combine!

319 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  26 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow Half Day and Alternate Day schedules

Allow teachers to define a variety of alternate schedules, to be inserted as needed, which will automatically adjust the class schedule for the day.

300 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add an undo button

If you hit the delete button by accident, the entire lesson is gone and I can't seem to find a way to retrieve it.

286 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Chris responded

An undo option has been added to planbook.com! Now when you bump, extend or delete a lesson, you will have the ability to undo the action. Please contact us at support@planbook.com with any questions.

Thanks!

4. Keep class cells the same size

I think that in the week view things could look neater if you had an option for (keep boxes all the same size). To see content you could use individual sliders on the sides of a each box.

277 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have added a new feature to equal size lessons, and you can now specify a specific height for each lesson (such as 100 pixels), or select to have your equal lesson height adjust to fit the largest lesson in the row. To set your lesson display size, click Go To → Display.

5. Let teachers add their own fonts

I always like to use different fonts to my plans to make them stand out. Right now planbook only offers a few fonts. I think it would be great if teachers could add fonts to help JAZZ up their plans.

273 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To add a custom font, click Go To → Display Settings, and add your fonts in the Custom Fonts section. Once added, your new fonts will be available in all Font dropdown lists. Note that these fonts will also display correctly when you print to PDF. Any questions, please let us know at support@planbook.com. Thanks!

6. Schedule a class multiple times per day

Whilst you can now add extra class lessons to your schedule and this works well for one off changes - I need this to be a regularly scheduled. I do not want to do this every day for every class where I have doubles.

I would like to be able to go into class details and set multiple times for each of my classes as part of the set timetable.

273 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you have class that needs to be divided into two or more time blocks in a single day, you no longer need to add individual “Extra Lessons” for each occurance. Rather, you can now add extra days and times for a class in your Class schedule. As before, you can select a date range for any class schedule changes, so they do not have to be for a full school year.

7. Have a Unit option

It would be helpful if I could tie lessons to a specific unit which would automatically insert the standards and objectives into every lesson of the unit. This would also make importing lessons from last year easier because I could easily import the whole unit.

269 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To provide better support for lesson organization and long range planning, we have added support for Class Units. An unlimited number of units can be created for each class, and you can then assign standards, assignments, assessments, and lessons to the unit. Units can be as short or long as needed, and can break down a class into weeks, chapters, themes, etc.

8. Add bump button with negative days

Sometimes as teachers we need to move lessons back instead of ahead. Having a feature that had negatives (-1, -2 -3) days would be very helpful. It would also help when you add lessons, but dont wish to move things forward.

266 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Remove class from a single day

I teach a 4th grade self-contained class (teach all subjects). Especially during test season, certain subjects are cancelled for a day. I know I can adjust the time of a class (math might be moved from the morning to the afternoon, for example), but it would also be helpful if I could just delete those classes rather than have many empty slots that are unused.

249 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! We have added the ability to remove a class from a single day. Simply edit the lesson, and click No Class. Do not hesitate to contact us at support@planbook.com with any questions.

Thanks!

10. Allow units with lessons NOT tied to dates

I like the unit option you added. However, it was not exactly what I expected. I am hoping for a unit version where I can type a series of lesson in and then, assign a date or "plug it in" to my planbook at a later time. Also, a function to print all the lessons in my unit on one document as I often have to hand in unit plans to my administrator (Now I can only print the unit summary and the lesson titles now the actual lessons). I appreciate planbook.com SO very much! However, I find the unit…

242 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Load standards based on class selected

Create a user interface to identify standards used with class created. I am using both State and Common Core and it would be great if I click on my class for only those to show up. Would save a good clip of time.

240 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  23 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Folders for attachments

It would be nice to organize your files into folder so you do not have to scroll so far looking for items

239 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now group your resource files into folders!

To create folders, go to your "Resources" page, click the "Add" icon, and select "Add Folder".

To move your files into folders, click the "Action" icon, and select "Manage".

13. Create an app for iPhone

An iPhone app would be so great!

235 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Import Google Calendar

Can I import a google calendar from my school to overlay onto my planbook? This would help with planning around school events.

233 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Google+ Integration allows you to view Google Calendar events in your plans, and attach Google Drive documents to your lessons. To view Google Calendar events, click on your display name (upper right corner), select Account, connect to your Google+ account, and select the calendars you’d like to include in your plans. To attach Google Drive documents to your lessons, use the Google Drive Icon in the lesson editor.

15. Delete multiple lessons at once

If you go into the month view, it would be helpful to have a checkbox where you could select multiple lessons to delete at once. This would be very helpful if you accidentally imported lessons into the wrong class or into the wrong dates!

229 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now delete a range of lessons, from either a single class, or all classes in a school year. To delete a range lessons from a specific class, select Go To → Classes, open a class, and select “Manage Lessons” from the options list. To delete a range of lesson from multiple classes, select Go To → School Year, and select “Manage Lessons” from the options list.

16. 227 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All major browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari) now provide spell check capabilities as part of their standard functions.

17. Attendance Tracking

I would like to have an attendance template that I could add to classes. I would input my own students for the different classes but be able to keep track of their attendance right in my planbook.

227 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now track your student attendance! Attendance includes both absent and tardy, and can be tracked for the entire day and/or by individual classes. You can access attendance from the Add button, or from the Lesson Action drop down for each lesson. We are working to better integrate student attendance with class seating, to allow teachers to track attendance directly from class seating charts.

18. Flexibility with templates (e.g. M, W, F)

Have a checkbox for the days, like you do with classes, so you could have the same template apply for M,W,F and have different ones for T, Th without all the retyping.

221 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A single template can now hold information for all lesson sections, and can be applied to multiple classes across multiple school years! You can also schedule a single template for multiple days of the week, attach files to a template, and add or remove a template from individual lessons.

19. Substitute plans

I love planbook.com because it is so easy to print out my plans for a sub. However, I like to be able to have a set of emergency sub plans ready just in case. It would be great if there was a place to store a set of general sub plans!

220 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Substitute Notes provide you with a place to store general classroom information that would be helpful to a substitute teacher. This may include a list of students with special needs, classroom rules, bathroom procedures, transition activities, who to contact with questions, etc. Substitute Notes can also be used to store a set of general plans for your substitute teacher to follow. When you will have a substitute teacher for your class, you simply print out your daily lesson plans, print out your Substitute Notes, and leave them on your desk. You can also save your plans and notes to a PDF file, and send them via email if you are not able to return to your classroom.

20. Move lesson to a different date

There should be an option to move a lesson to a different date without having to copy and paste.

211 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We now support the ability to easily move lessons (via the action list) to different dates! When you get a chance, please give it a try and let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base