Skip to content

General

1375 results found

1. Add a floating "sticky note" option

That way I can quickly attach reminders, such as run off more copies or call a parent. These would be reminders that I don't want attached to my lesson plans.

199 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Chris responded

A “Teacher Notes” feature has been added to planbook.com! To view your teacher notes, click the teacher notes icon (looks like a sheet of paper). Please contact us at support@planbook.com with any questions.

Thanks!

2. Add a To Do list

I would love to see a to do list section! Not attached to a single class or lesson but at the top, similar to the notes. Even the notes section would work for this if there were check boxes so that I could check things off as I finished. This would be a fantastic place to keep things that need to be done at school like copies, pages to print, lamination, etc.

192 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  22 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Different colours for classes

Colours are limited, but many shades available. I would prefer many different colours rather than shades.

187 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  18 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Save to Google Drive

We would like to be able to export our plans to our Google Drive to be able to create a repository of plans that can be shared, copied, revised, and/or viewed. Our district has mandated that we save all of our lesson plans to our GD. The files must be editable.

178 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To save your lessons in Google Docs, use the Print Icon, and then select Google Docs in the Send To field. You can save a Day, Week, Month, List, or individual lessons in Google Docs. Any questions, please let us know at support@planbook.com. Thanks!

5. Add notes for day, week, class, student

I really like to keep lists and stuff in my planbook. There is one 'notes' tab. It would be great to have the option of more notes under that tab.

170 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Print a month view

I can see the month calendar view on my screen, but when I print, it reverts back to a list type.

168 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  12 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. My Files - upload or delete in bulk

The system as it is now is cumbersome and time consuming

163 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now upload, move and delete multiple files in a single action!

To manage your files, go to your Resources" page, click the "Action" icon, and select "Manage".

8. Allow tables in lessons

Being able to add a table would help in organizing the lesson plans. We are expected to explain what we are doing and what the students are doing throughout the lesson. Creating a table would make this so much easier.

161 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now add tables to lessons, templates, units, assignments, assessments, and events! To add a table, select the Table Icon in the editor menu bar.

9. Add multiples times to a class on one day

Sometimes due to scheduling, I have to split a class (e.g. math) into two sessions on one day. Unless I am incorrect, I have to create two mathematics classes so I can do this. For example, if I have math from 9:00 - 9:30, then have to stop from 9:30 - 10:00 for PE, and then return to math from 10:00 - 10:30, I have to create two different classes. Under normal circumstances, this is okay - - - except when I need to bump or extend a lesson, in which case I end up getting everything out of order.…

159 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now add extra class lessons to your schedule! This will allow you to teach a particular class more than once in a single day, or to teach a class on a day when it’s not normally scheduled. To add an extra class lesson to a day, click More → Add Extra Lesson.

10. Lesson Editor previous and next

It would be really nice if you had a back and foward button in the pop up edit window so that it was easy to switch between editing days without having to close the window then clicking on the next day.

154 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Foreign character support

I sometimes type Hebrew letters into my lesson plans.. my windows computer has Hebrew sport and it works to type in Hebrew but when I try to view it in my calendar it comes up as question marks.... should be a simple fix.. see you did it for Japanese...thanks

150 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  23 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 147 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now design room layouts, and create class seating charts, for your students! You can add new layouts and adjust student seating as often as you’d like, add pictures of your students, and “shuffle” seating for random assignments. Select Go To > Class Seating to try it out!

13. Individual student accounts

While my coworkers and I love your program, it is a bit of an inconvenience for our students and parents to have to log in to different teachers or go to different book marks and then find the right class among 8 other classes (we're on traditional block middle and high school) for every class. It would be really great if there was a way for students to create their own accounts and subscribe to specific classes from different teachers, that way my 8th graders can see all their homework in one spot, whether it's history, English, math, or whatever,…

139 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  14 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add month view for ALL classes

Hello. I think it would be a good idea to have an option to view a whole month, just keeping the top line or two from each class so the title is visible. This would give teachers a quick way to see what is in store for the month to come.

139 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The month view will now show all classes and events! As with the other views, you can use the View Bar to hide any classes or items you do not want display. If you have any questions, please contact us at support@planbook.com

Thanks!

15. Today highlighted

In any view, it would be great if "today" was visibly highlighted. Either with a colourd box around it, or all the boxes coloured differently.

129 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  13 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow teachers to decorate plans

I think it would be awesome if we could decorate our own planners- ex. Erin Condren style. Like a fancy electronic planner! Maybe electronic stickers we can add for parties/staff meetings/ dentist appointments/ holidays/ trainings/ themes. Teachers LOVE to decorate planners! I have a personal planner but I love my plan book! Also if you could include and easy lesson plan template that looks well designed that would be awesome as well (incuding assessment goals).

125 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For teachers who enjoy visuals in their plans, you can now add stickers! Stickers allow you to showcase student birthdays, school events, holidays and reminders.

To add a sticker to your plans, click the "Action" icon on the day you would like your sticker, and select "Add Sticker".

17. More repeat options for events

Can you add more option so that we can customize our events. For example I have meeting on the 3rd Tuesday of the Month. In the Repeat drop down, customize it so that teachers have the option to customize their meetings, instead of what you have now (weekly, biweekly, month). There is no option to customize my meetings at all.
    Please add this in.....

118 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Connect unit and lesson standards

I would like a way for each of the standards I add to an individual lesson plan to automatically be listed in the standards area of my unit plan as well; or vice versa.

115 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planbook.com now offers the ability to include unit standards in your lessons! In the Unit editor, select “Apply to unit lessons” to include the standards in your lessons. Any questions, let us know at support@planbook.com. Thanks!

19. Allow separate Student/Parent/Admin views

My principal wants to see my entire plans online. My students only want to see the relevant homework for their own classes. Since my administrator does not have planbook, the only opportunity is to share everything to everyone. Kids: overwhelmed! Could we have the option to share various versions? Maybe per class if we want?

113 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! You can now create as many “View” links as you’d like, and each can have its own unique set of information to share (classes, lesson sections, lesson status, date range, etc.) This allows you to define unique Views for students, parents, substitutes, administrators, or any other group you’d like!

You can also now include “View Notes” for each View, to provide any general information you’d like to share that is not tied to a specific day or week.

To learn more click: https://planbook.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1918846-sharing-options-view-students-substitutes

20. Choose order of lesson sections

Allow the user to choose the order of sections under "display." This way when they are displayed or printed, the user can choose to have "objective" first or perhaps "lesson."

108 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?