Skip to content

General

1375 results found

1. Class assignments

I have a lot of lessons in which an assigned homework/project is not due for several days (staggered block scheduling of vocational classes, topic complexity). How about a dedicated tab for assignments which includes a due date linked to the class calendar (i.e. the lesson plan on the due date automatically inserts a note in the assignment tab 'assignment from mmdd due')

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add Print to PDF for students

Please add a print to pdf option for students and parents when viewing planbook lessons. Currently only teachers have this option.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Various sharing options with coworkers

I would like the ability to share particular classes with coworkers and other classes with other teachers. For example, have my co-teacher able to view all my classes, but other grade level teachers only able to view certain subjects.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news, we’ve added a new method for sharing plans between teachers! You can now enter individual teacher emails, select specific classes or lesson banks, and set view or edit rules for each lesson section. When combined with our new Lesson Linking feature, you now have a much more effective way to enable teacher collaboration! To learn more, visit our knowledge base at https://planbook.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1947037-setting-up-your-sharing-options-collaborate-ind

4. Add dark mode on Web and Apps

With dark modes becoming so popular on websites, on apps, and on operating systems as a whole, it seems like an oversight here! This should be implemented in all forms that Planbook exists.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now choose to display your plans in normal (light) mode or in dark mode!  You can also select to have the mode automatically adjust based on your location and time of day.

To adjust your light mode, click "User Settings" > "Display Settings" > "General", and update the "Theme" settings.

5. Complex unit planning.

I teach high school English and have large, thematic units. I would love it if the unit blocks were larger and had tabs (similar to the lesson blocks). I want space to not only list the various lessons that will be incorporated into each unit, but also space to keep track of notes and materials for those individual sub-units.

When I teach a novel, for example, if I build that information into a lesson it isn't easily accessible for the entire unit.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Multiple teachers to a class

Allowing multiple teachers in the same class for Special Education teachers and General Education teachers to actively collaborate on lessons within Planbook. This could also work well for any schools that have teams that want to all teach the same thing on the same day.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! Planbook now allows teachers to establish permissions for each class. This allows multiple teachers to share/link the lessons, and you can define rules for who is able to view or edit each section of the lesson. Hope this helps, any questions please let us know!

7. Allow admin to mark lesson as reviewed

The only way to show that lesson plans have been checked now is to leave a comment. It would be nice to be able to provide a simple checkmark to show they have been read/approved without leaving a comment every week.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Teachers can now mark when their plans are "Ready" for the week! This adds a green "vertical bar" next to the teacher icon, to allow administrators to quickly see which teachers have completed their plans. Administrators can also mark when a teacher's plans have been "Reviewed/Approved" for the week.

In addition, Administrators can go to a new "Reporting - Plans" page, to track teacher plan submissions by week or year!

8. Standards reporting by class

I teach 3 sections of English IV--but they are three different preps: AP, Dual Credit and Regular. I was looking to see which standards have been taught, but because they all 3 use the same standards, I could not tell which standard applied to which class. It would be nice if we could look at the standards taught screen by class section and not just holistically.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Standards reporting now allows you to select a specific class to run the standards report. Hope that helps, please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!

9. Ability to add pictures to the lesson plan

Sometimes it's nice in the instructional part to have pictures to remind me of what concepts I am trying to explain. Physics is a very visual science, and pictures are very important.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now upload images to your planbook.com account, and choose to either attach or embed the image in your lesson. Hope that helps, please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!

10. Make a class private

Ability to make a class "private" and not able to be viewed.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Show notes for Google Calendar items

I appreciate the integration of the Google Calendar events! Is there a way that the notes with the Calendar events can be seen on Planbook? Or perhaps a way to add notes to Google Calendar items?

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Post directly to Google Classroom after attaching to Planbook.

The ability to post the attached assignments I have in Planbook directly to Google Classroom with a share button.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now connect each Planbook class to a specific Google Classroom. This allows you to view and update Google coursework directly from each class, quickly transfer assignments and assessments to Google Classroom, add or update scores for Google students, and use Google scores in Planbook student performance reports. Select Go To > Classes to edit a class and connect it to Google Classroom.

13. Seating Chart - flexible room layouts

As of now, the seating chart is only a typical "rows" model. In many current classrooms, we use flexible seating. There need to be options for tables and other furniture as well as a non-standard design (objects need to be able to be placed anywhere).

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planbook allows full flexibility in creating layouts for your class rooms! You can now define your room layout using either "grid mode" (rows and columns) or "flexible mode" (free form drawing).

To create a room layout, go to your Seating Chart - Room Layouts page, and click the "Add" icon.

14. Remember display preferences

I always want to hide standards on my plans, but now every time I log in I have to make this selection. Is there a way to "remember" what I prefer?

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. make adding standards easier and take up less space.

I teach special ed and service students 1st-3rd. This year I’m making an effort to include common core in my lessons plans and have been adding standards for each lesson/subject daily. What I wish I could do (or wish was available) was to just have a column either before Monday (when you look at the week view), or after Friday that had my class schedule listed (just as my days are set up) for me to list common core standards for the week. I typically work on the same standard for an extended amount of time and it’s such a…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added support for Units, which allow teachers to put class lessons into logical groups, and to assign standards, assignments, and assessments to the unit, removing the need to assign these to individual lessons. Hope that helps, please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!

16. Print Comments

I would like to be able to print the comments administrators make in the comments section. This is something our monitoring team looks for when they come for a visit. As it is now I cant copy and paste the comments to print. When you try to use the browser to print, all the comments do not show up. Thanks!

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow students to join a teacher's class/period with a code

Students join google classroom, quia, nearpod, and so many other sites using a generated code. If students could add themselves, it would be much less work than it is for admin to assign students to teachers and teachers to then assign students to their individual classes.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! You can now provide your students with a join code or URL to automatically join one or all of your classes for a school year. This means that administrators no longer need to assign students to teachers, and teachers no longer need to assign students to classes.

To generate a join code, click Go To > Students > Generate Join Codes

18. Offer rostering for accounts

Having to make accounts manually is inefficient and leads to support tickets for new teachers. It needs to support Classlink, Clever, or even nightly sftp uploads for automating account creation for staff.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planbook now supports fully automated rostering for schools and districts! You can pull information (Teachers, Students, Courses, Schedules) directly from your Student Information System (SIS), and have it preloaded into Planbook for your administrators, teachers and students to begin using on day one of the school year!

To learn more about how to set up automated rostering for your school or district, please contact our Customer Success team at 888-205-5528 or via email at support@planbook.com

19. Allow a way to redesignate days on rotation.

We run a 3-day rotation of block classes: A days, B days, C days.
    On occasion, we have to shuffle the days to accommodate testing or event schedules. It would be nice to be able to reassign what used to be a "C" day as an "A" day and not have it affect the rest of the following days in the year.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Chris responded

If you click Go To → School Year → Add Term, you can add terms that allow you to adjust your cycle schedule. If you have any questions, please let us know at support@planbook.com

Thanks!

Amy

20. How's do I delete a school year?

I created a school year and moved over a bunch of stuff I didn't want. I couldn't see how to delete the year and start over, so I created another year with the letter A after it. I'd like to delete the year I created by mistake.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 68 69