Skip to content

General

1375 results found

1. Different colors for events

It would be great if events could be different colors. Then I could differentiate between different types of events.

104 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. View plans by cycle rather than week

Many of us teach a cycle and like to see the entire span. We would like to see "Cycle" added to the options for displaying our plans along with Day/Week/Month and List.

100 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Display Week Number option

I enjoy having the option to display what school day it is. My district provides some of our pacing with week numbers. Would it be possible to have the option to display the week number as well somewhere on the page?

99 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now track the current day/week, as well as the days/weeks remaining, in your school year!

To view the day/week counter in your plans, click "User Settings" > "Display Settings" > "General" and select "Show School Day Counter".  On your Plans page, you will see a counter below the date header for each day.  To switch between Day and Week mode, click the "Day" dropdown and make your selection.

4. Email subscription expiration soon

When I got to school this morning and opened my planbook there was a pop-up message that said my subscription had expired and I could not edit my planbook anymore. My first reaction was to panic since I needed my planbook TODAY!! I went ahead and quickly entered my credit card info (luckily I had a credit card on me!) and then I got to thinking....why wasn't I notified in advance that my subscription was about to expire? The whole thing seemed rather abrupt. Then I started wondering if my planbook had been hacked and someone had just tricked me…

94 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! All teachers will now receive an email reminder one week before their planbook subscriptions expires. Hope that helps, any questions please us know. Thanks!

5. Emergency Lesson Plans Option

It would be nice if I could put two weeks worth of emergency lesson plans (undated) in my plan book. My school requires them and there is no place to put them on playbook.

Thank you!

92 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add counters for number of days

Add counters for the number of days so far, and the number of days remaining, in the school year

91 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Chris responded

Good news! We have added a school day counter to planbook.com! Click Go To → Display, and select the “Show school day count” option. Do not hesitate to contact us at support@planbook.com with any questions.

Thanks!

7. Share individual sections or lessons

Some colleagues work with you on a specific unit, lesson, or class, so they would not need access to all of your plans, but could benefit from sharing a common plan book with one of your "classes" in Planbook. It would be a great feature to customize the sharing feature.

83 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! You can now create as many “View” links as you’d like, and each can have its own unique set of information to share (classes, lesson sections, lesson status, date range, etc.) This allows you to define unique Views for students, parents, substitutes, administrators, or any other group you’d like!

You can also now include “View Notes” for each View, to provide any general information you’d like to share that is not tied to a specific day or week.

To learn more click: https://planbook.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1918846-sharing-options-view-students-substitutes

8. Keep date fixed at top of screen

I would like the date at the top of the page to remain fixed so I can see it as I scroll down to see my plans.

82 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  11 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Use offline... In an app or other format.

I like the set up of your program it would be even better if it could be used while not connected online and maybe sync when you do connect.

78 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Chris responded

We have added the ability to use the planbook.com iPad app while offline! When you are back online, your updates will automatically be synced with our repository. If you have any questions, please contact us at support@planbook.com. Thanks!

10. Add a Teaching Strategies section

In your "Standards" tab/category, you have Bloom's Taxonomy and Marzano's Instructional Strategies. Neither of them are truly standards. They are actually "instructional strategies".

I would like to suggest that Bloom's Taxonomy and Marzano's Instructional Strategies be placed in a separate category or tab called "Strategies". Gardner's Multiple Intelligences could also be added to this category.

To use this category, there could be two options.
    1.) A tab (similar to "Standards") would allow the teachers to select which strategies they would include for the particular lesson. The selected strategies would be appear on the lesson plan.

2.) A "Strategies" button could…

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  10 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Apply template to multiple classes

I have some classes that are similar but not exactly the same, so they need to be different classes but could have the same templates. It would be nice to only have to make the template once for all three classes instead of making it for all three classes separately.

66 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A single template can now hold information for all lesson sections, and can be applied to multiple classes across multiple school years! You can also schedule a single template for multiple days of the week, attach files to a template, and add or remove a template from individual lessons.

12. Print from computer print feature the way you used to allow.

Please return the ability to print from the computer using command+P or whatever the basic command is. I have been using your program for 2 years and have always been able to print using command+P instead of having to use the print feature in Planbook. If I use command+P now it only prints what I can see on the screen (about 1/2 a page). This is not functional.

Using the print feature in Planbook means having to set features and dates, create a pdf, check the pdf for accuracy, and then print (assuming it is accurate). In order to get…

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added a new “Full Screen” icon, next to the Search icon, to allow you to switch to Full Screen mode, where the header area is no longer locked in place. When in Full Screen mode, you’ll also be able to print via the Browser Print Icon. We hope this helps, any questions please let us know at support@planbook.com. Thanks!

13. Order classes by time

Clear feature of sorting in the CLASSES view to order them the way you want.

63 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Attach files to templates

I would like to be able to link something from google drive onto a template for activities that I have made that I use on certain days. I make a lot of slideshows and activities that I would like to be able to add to certain templates that I create for different days.

63 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A single template can now hold information for all lesson sections, and can be applied to multiple classes across multiple school years! You can also schedule a single template for multiple days of the week, attach files to a template, and add or remove a template from individual lessons.

15. have a search feature for standards.

I like that the standards can be sorted by state and common core and that they are broken down by section. However, I would like to type in a key word or two of my topic and see what standard(s) would have a connection. For example: type in "place value" and the appropriate standards for my grade level would appear to be viewed and attached if desired.

60 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow administrators to set up school year

I wish the administrator could set up the start/end date and schedule type, as well as the school holidays rather than having each teacher do it individually.

59 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Attachments in events

I would love to be able to include attachments in the events. I love that I can include them in the lesson section already but some of the attachements I want to include are not just for the specific math or reading class plan for the day.
    If I am goint to need a sub I list that as an event. I would really like to be able to attach my subplans that I type up for the day to my lesson plans. Then I would not need to keep hard copies around.

Also, If I have a meeting that…

59 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add event "alert" feature

Right now I keep two calendars because my school system has this feature and I like to be reminded of upcoming events, meetings, etc. It would be great to use just your program!

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now add notifications to your events!  Notifications can be at the time the event begins, or at a number of earlier intervals.

To add a notification to your event, click the "Action" icon in the event editor, and select "Add Notification".

19. Add limits to Student View

You can limit future days of viewing lesson plans, but all my past days are available to see. It would be really nice to limit sharing to include options to limit past days.

Also would like to limit to only showing current day, and/or lessons marked as "ready".

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, The “Student View” will now allow you to choose the “View Range” to limit how far ahead and in the past students may view information. There is also a section to filter by “View Status”. Please take a look, and let us know if you have any questions!

20. Allow one off replica lessons

I teach high school and have the same class taught during 2 different hours. Sometimes the lessons need to be altered slightly from one hour to the next but I can't edit if I have selected it is a replica class.

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! You can now create LINKS between individual lessons. This allows you share a set of lessons between class sections, and if you’d like to customize a specific lesson for a section, simple unlink it. Hope that helps, any questions please let us know!

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base