General

1. View plans by cycle rather than week

Many of us teach a cycle and like to see the entire span. We would like to see "Cycle" added to the options for displaying our plans along with Day/Week/Month and List.

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Email subscription expiration soon

When I got to school this morning and opened my planbook there was a pop-up message that said my subscription had expired and I could not edit my planbook anymore. My first reaction was to panic since I needed my planbook TODAY!! I went ahead and quickly entered my credit card info (luckily I had a credit card on me!) and then I got to thinking....why wasn't I notified in advance that my subscription was about to expire? The whole thing seemed rather abrupt. Then I started wondering if my planbook had been hacked and someone had just tricked me…

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Planner Decor

I think it would be awesome if we could decorate our own planners- ex. Erin Condren style. Like a fancy electronic planner! Maybe electronic stickers we can add for parties/staff meetings/ dentist appointments/ holidays/ trainings/ themes. Teachers LOVE to decorate planners! I have a personal planner but I love my plan book! Also if you could include and easy lesson plan template that looks well designed that would be awesome as well (incuding assessment goals).

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Extend/Bump only certain parts

Extend/bump only certain tabs of the day. For example: if I have a reading tab and a vocabulary tab, I only want the vocabulary tab to extend/bump to the next day. This would be useful when I only complete part of the lesson.

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create a full version offline app

The ipad version is great, but I'd love a full version app that could be used offline and would sync once back online. This would be especially helpful for schools with spotty service or rural areas that do not have access to unlimited internet.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sync Planbook with Canvas

If possible, integrate Planbook with the Canvas learning management system by Instructure. Canvas has a calendar which will indicate what activities/assignments/quizzes are due on any particular day, but by no means does it offer the features, details, and flexibility of Planbook (for example, the ability to extend, bump, or pull back lessons). Planbook and Canvas are both excellent tools for educators, and it would be wonderful if such a merger could happen.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Emergency Lesson Plans Option

It would be nice if I could put two weeks worth of emergency lesson plans (undated) in my plan book. My school requires them and there is no place to put them on playbook.

Thank you!

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sync with Microsoft Outlook

Since my school uses Microsoft Oulook, my admin send meeting invites and observation appointments through the Outlook calendar. I would like to be able to sync that calendar wtih Planbook.com so I can see my whole schedule for the day in one place instead of having to put each appointment in there manually.

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Switch plans between days

I re-use plans from the previous year but sometimes need to switch the order of lessons to fit the new schedule. It would be great to simply be able to switch plans rather than have to bump, copy, move, and delete current plans in order to switch them.

79 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Display Week Number option

I enjoy having the option to display what school day it is. My district provides some of our pacing with week numbers. Would it be possible to have the option to display the week number as well somewhere on the page?

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Copy lessons to multiple classes at once

I have just created lesson banks that I will copy lessons from throughout the year. The lessons will be used for multiple classes. Currently, I can copy the lessons to each of the classes individually. However, it would be much more efficient for me to have the option of selecting multiple classes at the same time in the "Copy To" section.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add more lesson sections

Please allow for more than just 6 lesson sections.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add cycle days to events

My school runs on a 6-day cycle. I would like to be able to schedule events/activities that happen ONLY on a specific day in the cycle, not a "day of the week". For example, students that have band/musical instrument lessons, or special services like Speech, or "book buddies" once per cycle.
    Right now, I am scheduling them "weekly" just so that I have the information in my lesson plans.

In scheduling an event like this, could there be an option in the drop down box to schedule on a particular day of the cycle? I know on the “School Year…

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Order classes by time

Clear feature of sorting in the CLASSES view to order them the way you want.

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add limits to Student View

You can limit future days of viewing lesson plans, but all my past days are available to see. It would be really nice to limit sharing to include options to limit past days.

Also would like to limit to only showing current day, and/or lessons marked as "ready".

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow one off replica lessons

I teach high school and have the same class taught during 2 different hours. Sometimes the lessons need to be altered slightly from one hour to the next but I can't edit if I have selected it is a replica class.

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Drag and drop classes (schedule) in plan view

I would like to be able to drag and drop in plan view to change my schedule for specific classes if need be. Right now if I want to switch the 10:00 class and the 2:00 class I have to go into each class and adjust the time with the custom time check box. I would like to drag my 10:00 class down to 2:00 and 2:00 to 10:00.

I would also like to be able to move from day to day. Right now the move function allows you to move a lesson to a different day but not a…

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Integrate with Schoology

A lot of teachers seem to be using LMS's (Learning Management Systems) more and more. From my research (and now personal use) Schoology is becoming very popular, but one thing you can't do with Schoology is good lesson planning within the LMS. I know lots of teachers would like a one-stop type place to take care of business (which is why you get requests for things like adding a gradebook to your program), and Schoology integrates third party apps for use right within their system, such as Google Drive, Evernote, Remind, Khan Academy, YouTube, just to name a few. Having…

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow multiple units for a lesson

I love being able to select a unit, however I teach from multiple books, so I would like to be able to specify which vocabulary unit we're on, for example, AND which literature unit we're on, AND which grammar unit we're on. :)

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add event "alert" feature

Right now I keep two calendars because my school system has this feature and I like to be reminded of upcoming events, meetings, etc. It would be great to use just your program!

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base