Skip to content

General

1375 results found

1. Allow administrators to set up school year

I wish the administrator could set up the start/end date and schedule type, as well as the school holidays rather than having each teacher do it individually.

59 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Complex unit planning.

I teach high school English and have large, thematic units. I would love it if the unit blocks were larger and had tabs (similar to the lesson blocks). I want space to not only list the various lessons that will be incorporated into each unit, but also space to keep track of notes and materials for those individual sub-units.

When I teach a novel, for example, if I build that information into a lesson it isn't easily accessible for the entire unit.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Heading for Emergency Plan, Sub Plan and Year Plan

I would like to see a specific area created so admin could have full access to the emergency plan, sub plan and year plan. This is so they can easily access it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When creating a View on the Sharing Options page, you can now include “View Notes” to store information such as emergency and sub plans. These notes can then be seen by administrators who view your plans. Hope this helps, any questions please let us know!

4. Change default field from password in timeout login prompt

If I've been away from the computer for a bit and then double click on a lesson to edit, the software allows me to do this. But when I start typing, the login prompt pops up right in the middle causing me to type extra characters into my password. Can you make it so that the password field is not the default field when the window pops up?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Integrate with Google Classroom

Google Apps for Education provides an API to allow Planbook to create a sharing option for teachers. Please do this!

340 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As a first step in our integration with Google Classroom, you can now view Google Classroom assignments and announcements in your plans. To view Google Classroom items, go to your Account Page → Google+ Connect, and select the classrooms to include in your plans. We’ll be adding more Google Classroom features throughout the year, so please let us know if there are specific functions you’d like to see!

6. Visual Lock for Locked Lessons

Put a lock in the upper right corner of each lesson where the lesson is locked to that specific date. This would omit the need to go and check back at which lesson you have locked and which ones you have not. :)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Print a lesson bank

I would like to print my lesson banks. I have to hand in a plan for the whole term which I plan using the lesson bank. Being able to print this would be awesome.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adding assignments and assessments in the lesson

It would be more convenient to add assessments and assignments to the lesson, not only to the unit

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to color code units

I'm very visual (and sometimes I break my units up and come back to a few standards from a previous unit). It would be nice if we could color code the unit when it is listed at the top of the lesson, instead of them all showing up highlighted in blue. It would give a good visual as to how many days you have left allotted for that topic.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To help you more easily distinguish between different units within a class, you can now select a unique color for each unit!

To select a color for a unit, go to your Units page, edit the unit, and click the "Pick Color" icon.

10. Option to not split lesson when printing

The current print options seem to split some classes in the middle so half of the lesson is on one page and half on another, it would be great to have the option to keep each class on the same page (or move it to the next one if it doesn't) The layout also seems to use up a lot of paper, so an option to reduce plans to fit on one page, or two would be great!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To avoid breaking a lesson between two pages, select the “Avoid page break within lesson” check box on the Print Options page. Hope that helps, any questions please let us know!

11. Unit Bank

Unit depository for districts so teachers can create and share Units.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Saving shared plans/ units

I would like to be able to 'claim' or 'appropriate' a lesson or unit plan on which another teacher and I have been collaborating. Currently, because the other teacher started it and invited me, I cannot save the lesson plans or even make a unit with the information we have been sharing in the 'plans' section.'

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news, we have added Lesson Linking to Planbook! Rather than copying lessons from a lesson bank or between classes, you can now create a LINK to the source lesson. This means that any changes you make will automatically show in ALL places where the lesson in linked! To learn more, visit our knowledge base at https://planbook.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1947022-the-copy-screen

Lesson Linking, when combined with Lesson Banks, provides teachers and schools with a powerful curriculum management tool. Teachers can collaborate on the development of curriculum (classes, units, lessons), store the curriculum in lesson banks, and set permissions for who can view or edit the banks.

Teachers can then either COPY or LINK the lesson banks into their plans. COPY will allow teachers to create a new set of lessons that are solely for their individual use. LINK will establish a link to the source lesson, such that any changes made will automatically show…

13. Give scroll bar more contrast

Give the scroll bar on the right more contrast. It's difficult to find at times, especially against the various colored tabs/headings.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow replica lessons not tied to date

I am trying to set up multiple sets so that when I edit one class it will automatically input for the other identical class.

The problem I'm running into, though, is that we run on a rotating day schedule. When I input information into the "master" schedule and the other set skips out for that particular day, it doesn't push the lesson for the other class...it merely deletes it. PLEASE CHANGE!!!

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Full-screen View for Projecting on Smartboards and Promethean Boards

Create a Full-screen View option to allow teachers to project their lesson plans, homework, learning targets, etc. in a readable size for students to view from their desks. This image would work well on Smartboards and Promethean Boards. Then, students could easily read over the lesson plans, homework, or learning targets as they come into the classroom. In fact, I could have my DOL (Daily Oral Language) up for them to work on since DOL is the first item on my lesson plan. Then, I could quickly scroll down through the homework and learning targets. Currently, I have to zoom…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added a new “Full Screen” icon, next to the Search icon, to allow you to switch to Full Screen mode, where the header area is no longer locked in place. When in Full Screen mode, you’ll also be able to print via the Browser Print Icon. We hope this helps, any questions please let us know at support@planbook.com. Thanks!

16. Hide unit standards in display settings

It would be great if we could hide unit standards so that they don't display.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, To hide unit standards from your Plans, you may click the “View” button at the top-right, then un-select the checkbox for “Unit Details”, under View Items. Please let us know if you have any questions, thanks!

17. Click Today on weekend, go to next Monday

Currently, when I click "Today" on a Sunday in the weekly plan view, I am brought to the previous week's lessons, whereas I would much prefer to be shown the upcoming week. Could you please fix this? Thank you!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Print Comments

I would like to be able to print the comments administrators make in the comments section. This is something our monitoring team looks for when they come for a visit. As it is now I cant copy and paste the comments to print. When you try to use the browser to print, all the comments do not show up. Thanks!

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Print layout for units

The current layout for unit plans waste a lot of paper. For my larger units, the standards eat up a lot of paper and the left side of the page is empty.

I'd like to see each section take the full width of the page, with the option of printing only standard id's.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Mobile Apps - Prior/Next Lesson option

When I edit the lesson in the ipad app and need to look up something (like homework) from the previous lesson with this class, ai have to leave the editing view, save changes, go to the calendar and choose the previous lesson. Please make the option to jump to the lessons nearby as it is in the computer available for mobile apps. Thanks

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 68 69