Skip to content

General

1375 results found

1. Print Option - One lesson per page

It would be helpful if teachers could set a range of dates and then print out a series of lesson plans - one class and one day per page. We could then print hard copies of several lessons without doing it one class and one lesson at a time.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Apply template to multiple classes

I have some classes that are similar but not exactly the same, so they need to be different classes but could have the same templates. It would be nice to only have to make the template once for all three classes instead of making it for all three classes separately.

66 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A single template can now hold information for all lesson sections, and can be applied to multiple classes across multiple school years! You can also schedule a single template for multiple days of the week, attach files to a template, and add or remove a template from individual lessons.

3. Paste an image from my computer into lesson plan

I would absolutely LOVE to be able to use an image from my computer to paste into my lesson plan. I do not like the option that I can ONLY paste an image from the internet!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now upload your local image files to your planbook.com account, and choose to either attach or embed the image in your lessons. Hope that helps, please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!

4. Show student birthday events

Auto populate lesson plans with student birthday events

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now automatically show all student birthdays!  These can be viewed in both your daily plans, and in the Reminders panel.

To add birthdays for your students, go to your Students page, and enter in the birthdate for each student.

To display student birthdays in your plans, click "User Settings" > "Display Settings" > "Events & Stickers", and select "Show all Student Birthdays".

5. Sub/Emergency plans template

Having to create sub plans when you're sick is very difficult. I have created my own emergency plan that requires very little modification. It would be great to have the ability to create a template for subs (with all details entered at an earlier time) that could be inserted into a specific day with one click (or with only a few). It is in the same vein as adding an Event, but an entire day is added.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Display Week Number option

I enjoy having the option to display what school day it is. My district provides some of our pacing with week numbers. Would it be possible to have the option to display the week number as well somewhere on the page?

99 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now track the current day/week, as well as the days/weeks remaining, in your school year!

To view the day/week counter in your plans, click "User Settings" > "Display Settings" > "General" and select "Show School Day Counter".  On your Plans page, you will see a counter below the date header for each day.  To switch between Day and Week mode, click the "Day" dropdown and make your selection.

7. Show standards not yet assigned

Allow a report showing which standard items have not been assigned to lessons. This is useful if a teacher jumps around in lessons.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, You may now run a standards report to track what has and has not yet been covered. To do so, open Go To > Standards Reporting. Please let us know if this helps!

8. Features guide & updates

I would like to access a list of new features. Like the ones displayed when I posted an idea. I learned some helpful things I didn't know about.

Also could you send alerts for newly added features? Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. copy certain lessons to the new year

I would like to be able to go to last years lesson plans and have a button so that I can copy and paste that lesson to a specific date in the new year. As of today, all I can do is ,go to last years lesson, copy and go to the new year and paste it on the date that I need it. I want to start fresh each year, but would like to have this option available. I don't want to duplicate last year's lesson schedule onto the new year.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Change background color of class

While the coloured headings are helpful, it would be great to change the full background colour of the class block as well. I am a very visual person and I like seeing the full separation of each class. This is a feature of another online planbook that I used to use and it was great to have.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Delete multiple lessons at once

If you go into the month view, it would be helpful to have a checkbox where you could select multiple lessons to delete at once. This would be very helpful if you accidentally imported lessons into the wrong class or into the wrong dates!

229 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now delete a range of lessons, from either a single class, or all classes in a school year. To delete a range lessons from a specific class, select Go To → Classes, open a class, and select “Manage Lessons” from the options list. To delete a range of lesson from multiple classes, select Go To → School Year, and select “Manage Lessons” from the options list.

12. Homework and assignment due dates

Allowing a homework to be date/lesson linked - so putting it on one lesson can have a due date too, so it shows up on that lesson in the homework field with the prefix DUE:

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Teachers often assign student work that is not tied to a single lesson or class period. Rather, these assignments may require students to work on them over an extended period of time, such as multiple weeks. We have added the ability for teachers to add assignments to each class, and for students to see these assignments (along with details, due dates, attachments, etc.) when viewing teacher plans online.

13. incorporate Google Drive

have the ability to upload documents from google drive and have them be downloaded as a PDF.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Google+ Integration allows you to view Google Calendar events in your plans, and attach Google Drive documents to your lessons. To view Google Calendar events, click on your display name (upper right corner), select Account, connect to your Google+ account, and select the calendars you’d like to include in your plans. To attach Google Drive documents to your lessons, use the Google Drive Icon in the lesson editor.

14. Open links into New Tab

Open all links into a new tab.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please make images viewable in pdf lesson plan

Please make images viewable in pdf file when converting lesson in PDF file.

Thank you.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make private attachments a different color

So that when you are looking at a week you can ensure that the correct attachments are visible to the students and those that you want to remain private are such and you can see that without clicking on every individual day.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. How do I write the same lesson plan for the 5 Algebra 1 Classes that I teach?

Specify secondary school lesson plans and how to distinguish between different bell schedules.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To simplify the process of sharing lessons, we’ve added support for class collaboration. Multiple teachers (or a single teacher with multiple sections) can now “share” the lessons of a class. A change made by one teacher will automatically update the lesson for all teachers who share the class. To allow others to share your lessons, edit the class, and set Collaborate to “View Only” or “View/Edit”. To share the lessons from another teacher, edit your class, and set Collaborate to “Replica”. You’ll then be able to select a teacher and class to share the lessons.

18. Checkbox to mark lesson complete

I would love to be able to "check off" lessons as I complete them during the day. It would also be great if there was a check box feature within the lesson, like the bullets.

454 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Select month in Calendar

Consider adding a list of months in the form of a drop down menu when using the "Add Event" feature. This would save having to click through each month to get to the one you want.

I wanted to let you know that my first impression of the product are very, very good. This is my first time using it and after reading the overview pages I had enough information to plan out the whole year with lessons, holidays, and other events. I found it quite easy to work everything out.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our new date selector allows you to adjust the year and month as individual items, saving you the time required to scroll through multiple months to find your date!

20. Sharing common calendar

Allow teachers to "share" one planbook for the same class- so we can work on the same calendar for the same class--not have to import--like the google calendar--allow edits to show up on both planbooks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To simplify the process of sharing lessons, we’ve added support for class collaboration. Multiple teachers (or a single teacher with multiple sections) can now “share” the lessons of a class. A change made by one teacher will automatically update the lesson for all teachers who share the class. To allow others to share your lessons, edit the class, and set Collaborate to “View Only” or “View/Edit”. To share the lessons from another teacher, edit your class, and set Collaborate to “Replica”. You’ll then be able to select a teacher and class to share the lessons.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base