Skip to content

General

1375 results found

1. Transfer Lessons From Years Prior

Here is my idea: Have a button that says 'Copy Lessons' or something similar. When I click on this a box pops up similar to what we see when we import from another teacher. Maybe that box includes this option. Anyway on one side it would say Transfer from: choose year ex. 2015-2016 school year, and dates ex. 8/16-8/20, classes: ex. math. The other side would have Transfer to: choose this year, dates, classes. Then press import. The plans from that week's math lessons from last year will copy over to the week's math lessons for this year that I…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added a new “Copy” button to our main page, which allows you to view and copy lessons from one year to another, including the ability to drag and drop lessons. Hope that helps, any questions just let us know at support@planbook.com. Thanks!

2. Allows students/parents to print grades

Teachers can create reports for students, but it would be helpful if a parent could be able to create a report for their child. Our classes are part of a homeschool co-op and parents are responsible for printing the semester grades. It would be helpful if parents/students could create and print off something similar to performance reports that teachers can create.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow units to be copied

Just like I can copy lessons to my repeat classes (I teach middle school), I'd love to copy units to repeat classes. I can change the class in the first drop down and save, but this seems to move the unit rather than copy it.

537 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Copy Units is now available! To copy units, simply click the “Copy” button from the Week View, and select Units. Any questions, just let us know!

4. Show notes for Google Calendar items

I appreciate the integration of the Google Calendar events! Is there a way that the notes with the Calendar events can be seen on Planbook? Or perhaps a way to add notes to Google Calendar items?

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Print empty weekly schedule (Subject/Times only)

Ability to print a weekly plan with subject/times only.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Copy assignments to another class

In much the same way as I can copy lessons from one year 7 class to another, I'd like to be able to copy assignments from one to the other.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planbook.com now allows you to copy assignments and assessments between classes! To copy assignments or assessments, select the Copy button to go to the Copy page. Do not hesitate to contact us at support@planbook.com with any questions. Thanks!

7. Make lesson list view one click away.

It would be incredibly handy to be able to right click on a lesson plan for one of my many classes and have the option to go to the list view for just that class. This would expedite something that I find myself doing all the time, as not all classes, even on the same grade level, progress at the same pace.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have moved the "View Timeframe" options to our main menu, to allow you to switch between Day, Week, Month, List, or Cycle views in a single click!

8. 7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow Half Day and Alternate Day schedules

Allow teachers to define a variety of alternate schedules, to be inserted as needed, which will automatically adjust the class schedule for the day.

300 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Print from computer print feature the way you used to allow.

Please give back the print features you had. For the last two years, I could use the regular print feature (as if I was printing any page off the internet/computer) and my lesson plans would print beautifully. I didn't have to select what I did and did not want to print. I didn't have to have it turned into a pdf document. I have to print mine so whole lessons fit on a page. I had to create 45 .pdf documents this weekend in order to get it set right.

Now if I try to print using command+P, it only…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you use the double arrow up (next to the search icon), this will allow you to go full screen, and will also enable printing directly from the browser. Hope this helps, if you have any questions please let us know at support@planbook.com. Thanks!

11. Adding Students

I teach 1st through 8th grade in Music. There has to be a better way to add students and assign them to the classes you have.There also has to be a faster way too. I have added students in grades 1 through 4 so far and there is no way to keep them separated, especially when you only have one choice that says "ASSIGN ALL STUDENTS TO A CLASS". This needs to be more user friendly.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Schedule a class multiple times per day

Whilst you can now add extra class lessons to your schedule and this works well for one off changes - I need this to be a regularly scheduled. I do not want to do this every day for every class where I have doubles.

I would like to be able to go into class details and set multiple times for each of my classes as part of the set timetable.

273 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you have class that needs to be divided into two or more time blocks in a single day, you no longer need to add individual “Extra Lessons” for each occurance. Rather, you can now add extra days and times for a class in your Class schedule. As before, you can select a date range for any class schedule changes, so they do not have to be for a full school year.

13. Connect unit and lesson standards

I would like a way for each of the standards I add to an individual lesson plan to automatically be listed in the standards area of my unit plan as well; or vice versa.

115 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planbook.com now offers the ability to include unit standards in your lessons! In the Unit editor, select “Apply to unit lessons” to include the standards in your lessons. Any questions, let us know at support@planbook.com. Thanks!

14. Answer your phone!

When you need support it would be really great to get a live person.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Emergency Lesson Plans Option

It would be nice if I could put two weeks worth of emergency lesson plans (undated) in my plan book. My school requires them and there is no place to put them on playbook.

Thank you!

92 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add template title

Please add the ability to create a "template name" for each template one creates. This way it will be easier to find a template one is looking for - and then if you could add a sort option to the templates list then one could sort them by class, template name, day, etc. Thanks you

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Don't include planning/specials in grades

I want to use the grade book system but I don't want all of my classes to show up when I click classes because I create some classes to show my day rather than it be an actual class that students attend. For example, (my planning, speech that my students attend, gym, or specials) I use as a class so that I know what happens next that day but I don't want it to show up in my grade book as a class to choose from. It just gets confusing in the grade book menu. Other than that, I LOVE…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! If you select the “No Students” check box for a class, this will now automatically hide the class in your grade book and student attendance. Hope that helps, any questions please let us know. Thanks!

18. Mobile Apps - Allow split screen

Doing this would make it possible for iPad Pro users to use half the screen for the Planbook app and half the screen for their notes, a website, or anything!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! Planbook Mobile allows you to view multiple apps on your iPad via “Slide Over”. While using Planbook, swipe up from the bottom edge and pause to reveal the Dock, then touch and hold an app in the Dock, and drag it above the Dock to use with Planbook. Hope this helps, any questions please let us know!

19. Add Auto Correct feature

I would love it if the program could correct typos as I'm writing lessons so I don't have to keep going back to correct grammatical errors.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Printing - Subject start on new page

When printing plans, it would be nice if the subjects didn't start with 3 lines on the bottom of one page and then continue onto the next. I would like the option to have a subjects that do not fit on one page to start on the next page.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To avoid breaking a lesson between two pages, select the “Avoid page break within lesson” check box on the Print Options page. Hope that helps, any questions please let us know!

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base