Skip to content

General

1375 results found

1. Refresh the look of the app and the planner on the website

It is functional but looks soooooooooo dated. Come on planbook!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow units to be assigned to TEACHER, and not a class/year.

Create a TEACHER lesson bank, organized by units. Allow teachers to assign the lesson they create to a unit, and be able to access that unit/lesson bank from ANY class ANY year.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now create Lesson Banks, with units and lessons, to store curriculum outside of your class schedule.

Lesson Linking, when combined with Lesson Banks, provides teachers and schools with a powerful curriculum management tool. Teachers can collaborate on the development of curriculum (classes, units, lessons), store the curriculum in lesson banks, and set permissions for who can view or edit the banks.

Teachers can then either COPY or LINK the lesson banks into their plans. COPY will allow teachers to create a new set of lessons that are solely for their individual use. LINK will establish a link to the source lesson, such that any changes made will automatically show in both the source and the target lessons of the link.

To learn more, visit our knowledge base at https://planbook.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1947022-the-copy-screen

3. Allow the same email address to be used for multiple students.

I have siblings in my classroom. Obviously, they will have the same parent email and phone number.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! It is absolutely fine to use the same parent email and phone number for multiple students in your class or school. Hope that helps, any questions please let us know!

4. Print Lesson Button

Your print lesson button in the lesson bank hasn't been working for a while. It still works in the plans though? I've sent multiple messages, but haven't heard back.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Count class days per month

I want to be able to see exactly how many times I see a class in a given mouth for long range planing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add dropdown to top of day

Add a dropdown at the top of the date. Options include copy (entire day), delete (entire day), Lock (entire day) etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A new "Day Action" dropdown has been added in v12!  From this new icon, you can select from a variety of options specific to the day, such as adding an event, adding a sticker, printing the day, or bumping the day.

8. Seating Chart - flexible room layouts

As of now, the seating chart is only a typical "rows" model. In many current classrooms, we use flexible seating. There need to be options for tables and other furniture as well as a non-standard design (objects need to be able to be placed anywhere).

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planbook allows full flexibility in creating layouts for your class rooms! You can now define your room layout using either "grid mode" (rows and columns) or "flexible mode" (free form drawing).

To create a room layout, go to your Seating Chart - Room Layouts page, and click the "Add" icon.

9. Make easier to edit/copy tables

Editing tables is very cumbersome. It's too hard to change the size and edit/move text within a table.

Make it possible to copy a table from one lesson to the next without having to copy the whole lesson

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. don't skip two weeks ahead when I click the arrow button to the succeeding week.

Whenever my account gets logged out and I try to click towards the following week, it prompts me to log in. However, after getting logged in, I am brought to the original page where I started. If I clicked the arrow to move forward to the following week, it skips two weeks ahead counting the initial click as a command.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Color code by To Do priority

color coding priorities on the to do list

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now choose your own colors for each To Do priority level (High, Medium, Low)!

To adjust your To Do priority level colors, click "User Settings" > "Display Settings" > "Notes & To Do".

12. Allow admin to mark lesson as reviewed

The only way to show that lesson plans have been checked now is to leave a comment. It would be nice to be able to provide a simple checkmark to show they have been read/approved without leaving a comment every week.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Teachers can now mark when their plans are "Ready" for the week! This adds a green "vertical bar" next to the teacher icon, to allow administrators to quickly see which teachers have completed their plans. Administrators can also mark when a teacher's plans have been "Reviewed/Approved" for the week.

In addition, Administrators can go to a new "Reporting - Plans" page, to track teacher plan submissions by week or year!

13. I would like to share with my students only the current DAY and the previous week.

I have lots of links in my plans to tests etc. so I only want students to see the current DAY not the entire week. More flexibility would be appreciated for the sharing of lesson plans with students.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Export Attendance

Now that we can keep track of attendance is there going to be anything added in which we can export the attendance for the class? Or at the very least, check it on the website. We can take attendance, but I haven't seen a way to go back and look at an overview of attendance either by student or by class.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

From the Grades page, the Print to PDF button will allow you to print or export your student attendance. When you can, give it a try and let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!

15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please bring back LIST VIEW to come back for 'all lessons'

Recently, the LIST VIEW for 'all lessons' has disappeared. All of the lessons now just say 'untitled lesson' or 'empty lesson'. You have to go through each lesson and click on the little triangle at the left side of each to edit and then open and view that lesson. It takes far too long to do something that used to be automatic. When I only see classes every 3 school days, seeing a 'weekly view' isn't helpful. I need to see the running list of the entire school year for that class. (Music, Art, PE, etc, often see students only…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Reset Lesson - Revert to Template

I would love to be able to delete the content of a lesson and reset it to the template default. As it is, I have the option to delete the entire lesson, or I have to manually copy/paste the template into the lesson.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello! If you right-click on the lesson you wish to remove the template from and select “Delete Lesson”, this will delete the lesson and restore the lesson block to the default template automatically.

18. Allow teachers to set default font

I have to use the drop down menu to change to the font I want for all my classes and everyday-annoying. So please allow teachers to choose their own default font!

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now select a default font and size that will be applied to all labels and menus in Planbook!  You can also choose to have this default apply to your classes and lesson layouts. Note that you will be able to override the default as needed for individual layouts, classes and lessons.

To adjust the default font and size, click "User Settings" > "Display Settings" > "General", and select your preferred Font Family and Font Size.

19. Lock lesson without going back to top

After I lock a lesson, the screen always goes back to the top of my day's plans. I have to then scroll down to where I was working. It is extremely annoying when I am writing lessons for 9 different groups, and some of the groups are in similar topics, and I can't remember which lesson plan I was working on at the moment.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Unit Materials,Standards and Instructional Strategies

It would be great if we could set up unit materials, lesson instruction and objectives from the beginning of setting up the unit. If it can be like the current standards with a box to generate the same info for all the lessons under that unit. As an ELL teacher much of my information is shared for multiple classes and materials don't change. It's too tedious to copy/paste for each lesson. I need to have it just in case a sub is used for my class.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General