Skip to content

General

1375 results found

1. have the option to apply changes to a lesson that has been extended.

There are times when I have completed a lesson plan and have clicked the extend button, but then realized I made a typo or forgot to put something in. When I go to edit the original lesson that was extended, I have to go through and make this change on the day to which the original lesson was extended. It would be great to have an option that allows me to copy these changes to those lessons that have been extended from the original one. Something like, "Do you wish to make these changes to extended lessons as well?"

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You now have the option to LINK multiple lessons together. This means that when you change one lesson, the others will automatically change as well. To create the link, select “Link Lesson” from the Lesson Action menu. Hope that helps, any questions just let us know!

2. Allow lesson sections unique to class

Different template settings for content areas. Allow math to be different from science lesson plans.
    My state requires certain language arts formats for lesson plans, but the other subject areas don't have a specific template. However I have to apply the language arts template to all my classes using this program. Keep up the good work!

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now define a unique set of lesson sections for each class, to ensure your lesson structure fits the specific needs and pedagogy of each subject you teach!

To add or modify your lesson layouts, click "User Settings" > "Lesson Layouts".

To connect a lesson layout to a class, go to your "Classes" page, edit the class, and select the lesson layout.

3. Copy Unit without the lessons

It gets me every time I have to delete unnecessary lessons after having copied the unit to another class.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! You can now select what items to included when copying units, so if you uncheck Lessons, they will not copy with the unit. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!

4. Multiple teachers to a class

Allowing multiple teachers in the same class for Special Education teachers and General Education teachers to actively collaborate on lessons within Planbook. This could also work well for any schools that have teams that want to all teach the same thing on the same day.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! Planbook now allows teachers to establish permissions for each class. This allows multiple teachers to share/link the lessons, and you can define rules for who is able to view or edit each section of the lesson. Hope this helps, any questions please let us know!

5. Mobile Apps - Prior/Next Lesson option

When I edit the lesson in the ipad app and need to look up something (like homework) from the previous lesson with this class, ai have to leave the editing view, save changes, go to the calendar and choose the previous lesson. Please make the option to jump to the lessons nearby as it is in the computer available for mobile apps. Thanks

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enable list view in the Student view

Emergency! I teach some of the classes twice a month and for students it’s troublesome to remember the dates of the classes, please make the list view option for them so that they see all the classes in one page. Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. iPhone App - Switch between school and teacher

The iPhone app defaults to my admin account and I cannot edit my personal lesson plans except on my laptop.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Click Today on weekend, go to next Monday

Currently, when I click "Today" on a Sunday in the weekly plan view, I am brought to the previous week's lessons, whereas I would much prefer to be shown the upcoming week. Could you please fix this? Thank you!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. increase size for attachments

PowerPoints often exceed 25Mb with videos etc. Size limits of attachments needs to be increased.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Share a Lesson Bank

My colleagues and I "divide and conquer " entire units and curriculum. If we could put these lessons in a central sharable bank it would be more efficient than only being able to share scheduled units.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news, we’ve added a new method for sharing plans between teachers! You can now enter individual teacher emails, select specific classes or lesson banks, and set view or edit rules for each lesson section. When combined with our new Lesson Linking feature, you now have a much more effective way to enable teacher collaboration! To learn more, visit our knowledge base at https://planbook.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1947037-setting-up-your-sharing-options-collaborate-ind

11. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! When adding attachments to a lesson with our new Planbook Mobile app, you can search by name to find just the file(s) you need! Hope that helps, any questions please let us know.

12. Full-screen View for Projecting on Smartboards and Promethean Boards

Create a Full-screen View option to allow teachers to project their lesson plans, homework, learning targets, etc. in a readable size for students to view from their desks. This image would work well on Smartboards and Promethean Boards. Then, students could easily read over the lesson plans, homework, or learning targets as they come into the classroom. In fact, I could have my DOL (Daily Oral Language) up for them to work on since DOL is the first item on my lesson plan. Then, I could quickly scroll down through the homework and learning targets. Currently, I have to zoom…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added a new “Full Screen” icon, next to the Search icon, to allow you to switch to Full Screen mode, where the header area is no longer locked in place. When in Full Screen mode, you’ll also be able to print via the Browser Print Icon. We hope this helps, any questions please let us know at support@planbook.com. Thanks!

13. Complex unit planning.

I teach high school English and have large, thematic units. I would love it if the unit blocks were larger and had tabs (similar to the lesson blocks). I want space to not only list the various lessons that will be incorporated into each unit, but also space to keep track of notes and materials for those individual sub-units.

When I teach a novel, for example, if I build that information into a lesson it isn't easily accessible for the entire unit.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Assignments and standards

When transferring the assignments from year to year or from class to class, can the standards also follow?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Print a lesson bank

I would like to print my lesson banks. I have to hand in a plan for the whole term which I plan using the lesson bank. Being able to print this would be awesome.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Full Screen View

In the past, you could view your plans without a static task bar at the top of the page. This was ideal for those of us who show our "Day" view plans as an agenda on a projector screen in our classrooms. Can you add this back, or put this idea in motion?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added a new “Full Screen” icon, next to the Search icon, to allow you to switch to Full Screen mode, where the header area is no longer locked in place. When in Full Screen mode, you’ll also be able to print via the Browser Print Icon. We hope this helps, any questions please let us know at support@planbook.com. Thanks!

17. Adding assignments and assessments in the lesson

It would be more convenient to add assessments and assignments to the lesson, not only to the unit

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can you increase size of scroll bar on side of lessons? Much smaller than previous yrs. Hard to maneuver as it's so thin and blends in.

Can you increase size of scroll bar on side of lessons? It appeared much smaller than previous years and it's difficult to see as it blends in and it's much thinner. We are constantly trying to find it when maneuvering the page.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. allow text in the grade box in the grade book.

in my special education class, not all assignments are for all students. I'd like to be able to put a code like N/A in the box w/o it effecting the overall grade. This also helps me scan the class assignment column and see exactly who hasn't complete an assignment. Now I have to look at each student individually and hope I wrote a note about why I don't have the assignment.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Give the ability to print a "missing or 0" assignment page for each student

This is necessary prior to progress reporting and report cards. We need to be able to give students a printout of what they are missing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 68 69