Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Expand the Unit Planning Template

Please consider expanding the Unit Planning tabs/options to mirror those of the lessons. I would like the various tab options to allow for comprehensive unit planning. If I use the current unit planning template, I do not have room to organize ideas and materials. If I try to use the lesson planning template, which is better suited to hold large quantities of information, my "unit" gets lost on a given date.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello! We have recently released our completely new Planbook Mobile app. This is a new app, built from the ground up. On the new app, you will see the option to Print Lesson when clicking on the lesson actions icon. Please let us know if you have any questions!

4. Copy attachments

To easily transfer all the attachments from one lesson to another

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improve the snow day

There should be a simple option for "snow day" or "unexpected cancellation" for inclement weather or other reasons. Within that option, there should be a simple checkbox to either count the school day or not (this matters to elementary school teachers who count the days and celebrate 100 days). Secondly, there should be an easy checkbox to continue or skip the cycle day. Finally, there should be an easy checkbox of what to do with the lessons (deleted or pushed to the next day or even saved on that day to be used when the teacher can make up the…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! On the Add drop down, you can select to add a “No School Day”. You’ll see two check boxes, both automatically selected, to mark this day as a No School and a No Cycle day. This will ensure that all lessons are automatically adjusted, and your school day counter is correct. Hope that helps, any questions please let us know!

6. Template Change

I would like to be able to suspend a template or have multiple beginning and end dates. Or the ability to copy and paste a template. I am currently doing test prep, so I have suspended my usual template and am doing something new. It would be nice to change the dates for a couple of weeks or pause them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Visual Lock for Locked Lessons

Put a lock in the upper right corner of each lesson where the lesson is locked to that specific date. This would omit the need to go and check back at which lesson you have locked and which ones you have not. :)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Align calendar popup with current view date

The calendar button should give you the month in which the lessons you are currently looking at were taught. For example, if I am looking at a lesson I taught in March of last year and want to see the previous month's lessons, I should be able to click the calendar button and go forward or back a month from where I am. Right now the calendar button brings up the current month; to move forward or backward in previous years I must click the little blue arrows many times. Very irritating!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Heading for Emergency Plan, Sub Plan and Year Plan

I would like to see a specific area created so admin could have full access to the emergency plan, sub plan and year plan. This is so they can easily access it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When creating a View on the Sharing Options page, you can now include “View Notes” to store information such as emergency and sub plans. These notes can then be seen by administrators who view your plans. Hope this helps, any questions please let us know!

10. Change default field from password in timeout login prompt

If I've been away from the computer for a bit and then double click on a lesson to edit, the software allows me to do this. But when I start typing, the login prompt pops up right in the middle causing me to type extra characters into my password. Can you make it so that the password field is not the default field when the window pops up?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow fixed calendar

For example if Monday is an A day and Tuesday (B day) is a Snow Day, Wednesday should stay and A day.

In the add event/add no school day menu, there are options for "no school day", "private event", and "no cycle day".

I suggest making it so that if "no cycle day" is not checked but "no school day" is checked, the missed day counts as a cycle day.

To avoid confusion and an extra step for any who don't have a fixed calendar, have the "no cycle day" option automatically get selected when "no school day" is selected…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow users to specify which lesson tabs are auto copied in replica.

When a teacher uses replica to plan with his/her team, it would be helpful to be able to put personal notes or decide which tabs would be included. If I teach a bi-lingual class I might use different assignments. If I have math groups, I might want to include which students are in each one. That would allow us to share the workload and still have the records we are required to have specific to our own class.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news, we’ve added a new method for sharing plans between teachers! You can now enter individual teacher emails, select specific classes or lesson banks, and set view or edit rules for each lesson section. When combined with our new Lesson Linking feature, you now have a much more effective way to enable teacher collaboration! To learn more, visit our knowledge base at https://planbook.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1947037-setting-up-your-sharing-options-collaborate-ind

13. Notes only for indicated class - when duplicating class

I teach three sections of the same class and try to use the same basic plan for each. THere are times when I need to make notes for a particular section, but when I type in the notes for the time period I want it still duplicates to all three. It would be really great it there was a check box on the notes tab to indicate whether it should be duplicated or not; or just not duplicate the notes, so I can make adjustments for the section that needs them. It really wastes paper and ink to copy a…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news, we have added Lesson Linking to Planbook! Rather than copying lessons from a lesson bank or between classes, you can now create a LINK to the source lesson. This means that any changes you make will automatically show in ALL places where the lesson in linked!

When you link a lesson, you also have the ability to add your own unique information, such as notes, that is not shared with all other linked lessons.

To learn more, visit our knowledge base at https://planbook.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1947022-the-copy-screen

14. Saving shared plans/ units

I would like to be able to 'claim' or 'appropriate' a lesson or unit plan on which another teacher and I have been collaborating. Currently, because the other teacher started it and invited me, I cannot save the lesson plans or even make a unit with the information we have been sharing in the 'plans' section.'

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news, we have added Lesson Linking to Planbook! Rather than copying lessons from a lesson bank or between classes, you can now create a LINK to the source lesson. This means that any changes you make will automatically show in ALL places where the lesson in linked! To learn more, visit our knowledge base at https://planbook.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1947022-the-copy-screen

Lesson Linking, when combined with Lesson Banks, provides teachers and schools with a powerful curriculum management tool. Teachers can collaborate on the development of curriculum (classes, units, lessons), store the curriculum in lesson banks, and set permissions for who can view or edit the banks.

Teachers can then either COPY or LINK the lesson banks into their plans. COPY will allow teachers to create a new set of lessons that are solely for their individual use. LINK will establish a link to the source lesson, such that any changes made will automatically show…

15. Improve iOS app

While Planbook has never been the nicest looking online lesson planner, it has offered the best feature set at the most affordable price. Recently, however, I've noticed that the iOS is almost unusable. On my iPhone X, they layout is way off, and the icons look incredibly low-res and blurry. At this point, I feel like it would almost be better to have no iOS app at all than to have it in its current form.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are happy to announce that we have released our completely new Planbook Mobile app! Please take a look on your device’s app store and let us know if that works a bit better for you!

16. Allow students to join a teacher's class/period with a code

Students join google classroom, quia, nearpod, and so many other sites using a generated code. If students could add themselves, it would be much less work than it is for admin to assign students to teachers and teachers to then assign students to their individual classes.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! You can now provide your students with a join code or URL to automatically join one or all of your classes for a school year. This means that administrators no longer need to assign students to teachers, and teachers no longer need to assign students to classes.

To generate a join code, click Go To > Students > Generate Join Codes

17. No class day add shift lessons option in the apps

It’s even better to have that option by default rather than just lose the lesson when selecting “no class day”

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our new mobile apps will now ask if you’d like to shift or remove the current lesson when adding a No Class Day. Hope that helps, any questions please let us know!

18. Allow admin to create school-wide templates

This would allow admins to provide school-specific planning templates to teachers, reducing the workload on teachers. We have specific planning practices we'd like our teachers to use, but we don't want them to have to "recreate" a template in our lesson layout.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Mobile Apps - Add day to date selection

Hi! Could you please add the name of the day somehow next to the date. Sometimes I need to check the lessons I had on, say, Saturday, but now I need to open the calendar in the phone first and check which date that was and only then can I get to those lessons in the app.
    Thanks

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! Our new Planbook Mobile app allows you to view the day of week in both the lesson editor and in the date selector popup. Hope that helps, any questions please let us know!

20. Full-Screen To Do List

I love your to-do list - especially that it will arrange my tasks by due date - but I struggle with how small it is. Is there a way to open it to full-screen on a computer, or could there be? It shows up as full-screen on my iPhone but that is a much smaller screen. I'd like to be able to see a full page worth of tasks on my computer without scrolling.

Thank you for your excellent product! I was using a different lesson plan website that I thought I really liked. I recommended it to a colleague…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To allow our teachers more flexibility in the creation and management of Notes and To Do items, we have moved these to their own page in Planbook!

And to allow teachers to quickly view upcoming items, we have added a Reminders panel, to show events, classwork, notes and todos that are due in the next 7 days.

To view the Reminders panel, click the "Reminders" icon in the upper right corner of your Plans page.

1 2 5 7 9 68 69
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base