Skip to content

General

1375 results found

1. My Files - Allow sorting by column

organize uploaded files with a most recent option or other ways to organize your uploaded materials

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Easy to differentiate class vs bank

The "list" view for plans should look distinct from list of banked lessons to avoid confusion

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow students to join a teacher's class/period with a code

Students join google classroom, quia, nearpod, and so many other sites using a generated code. If students could add themselves, it would be much less work than it is for admin to assign students to teachers and teachers to then assign students to their individual classes.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! You can now provide your students with a join code or URL to automatically join one or all of your classes for a school year. This means that administrators no longer need to assign students to teachers, and teachers no longer need to assign students to classes.

To generate a join code, click Go To > Students > Generate Join Codes

4. Monthly View of Class

When I look at a month and I want to show the class, the entire month doesn't appear on screen. I have to scroll down, even if I zoom in or out, the days don't change size. Also, printing just the month on one page would be nice as well.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. New sharing link each school year

Have the sharing option renew each year. This way when changing teaching partners you can still keep your lessons private and decide each year who you want to give access to for that year.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow admin to create school-wide templates

This would allow admins to provide school-specific planning templates to teachers, reducing the workload on teachers. We have specific planning practices we'd like our teachers to use, but we don't want them to have to "recreate" a template in our lesson layout.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Expand the Unit Planning Template

Please consider expanding the Unit Planning tabs/options to mirror those of the lessons. I would like the various tab options to allow for comprehensive unit planning. If I use the current unit planning template, I do not have room to organize ideas and materials. If I try to use the lesson planning template, which is better suited to hold large quantities of information, my "unit" gets lost on a given date.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Share a Lesson Bank

My colleagues and I "divide and conquer " entire units and curriculum. If we could put these lessons in a central sharable bank it would be more efficient than only being able to share scheduled units.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news, we’ve added a new method for sharing plans between teachers! You can now enter individual teacher emails, select specific classes or lesson banks, and set view or edit rules for each lesson section. When combined with our new Lesson Linking feature, you now have a much more effective way to enable teacher collaboration! To learn more, visit our knowledge base at https://planbook.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1947037-setting-up-your-sharing-options-collaborate-ind

9. Unify the student view

Unify the student view so that students by default see the plans for every class they’re in (without having to toggle between teachers), at least for an overview.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Print current day with one click

It would be great if we could have a single button on the print dialogue that prints the current day's lessons without having to always select a date range.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now print a single day of lesson plans in only two clicks!

To print your plans for a day, click the "Action" icon in the day header, and then click "Send To".

11. Allow users to specify which lesson tabs are auto copied in replica.

When a teacher uses replica to plan with his/her team, it would be helpful to be able to put personal notes or decide which tabs would be included. If I teach a bi-lingual class I might use different assignments. If I have math groups, I might want to include which students are in each one. That would allow us to share the workload and still have the records we are required to have specific to our own class.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news, we’ve added a new method for sharing plans between teachers! You can now enter individual teacher emails, select specific classes or lesson banks, and set view or edit rules for each lesson section. When combined with our new Lesson Linking feature, you now have a much more effective way to enable teacher collaboration! To learn more, visit our knowledge base at https://planbook.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1947037-setting-up-your-sharing-options-collaborate-ind

12. Improve iOS app

While Planbook has never been the nicest looking online lesson planner, it has offered the best feature set at the most affordable price. Recently, however, I've noticed that the iOS is almost unusable. On my iPhone X, they layout is way off, and the icons look incredibly low-res and blurry. At this point, I feel like it would almost be better to have no iOS app at all than to have it in its current form.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are happy to announce that we have released our completely new Planbook Mobile app! Please take a look on your device’s app store and let us know if that works a bit better for you!

13. Multiple teachers to a class

Allowing multiple teachers in the same class for Special Education teachers and General Education teachers to actively collaborate on lessons within Planbook. This could also work well for any schools that have teams that want to all teach the same thing on the same day.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! Planbook now allows teachers to establish permissions for each class. This allows multiple teachers to share/link the lessons, and you can define rules for who is able to view or edit each section of the lesson. Hope this helps, any questions please let us know!

14. Default calendar jump

When setting up holidays for the new year, have calendar default so that if I pick the start date, the end date calendar pops up in the same month.
    For example, when I am entering dates right now, the calendar automatically shows June 2018. If I jump ahead and pick the start date of December 24 (for start of Christmas break), when I go to set the end date, it still defaults to June 2018 (which is impossible, and kinda annoying).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Color change as date passes

I wish that a day that has passed would be paler colors or grey version so that when I glance at my plans I can easily see what I need for today in the bright regular colors. The past days could still show but not look exactly the same as current and future days.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To make it easier for you to distinguish between prior and future days in your plans, you can now reduce the brightness of prior days!

To change the display of prior days in your plans, click "User Settings" > "Display Settings" > "General", and select "Reduce Brightness of Past Days".

16. Full-Screen To Do List

I love your to-do list - especially that it will arrange my tasks by due date - but I struggle with how small it is. Is there a way to open it to full-screen on a computer, or could there be? It shows up as full-screen on my iPhone but that is a much smaller screen. I'd like to be able to see a full page worth of tasks on my computer without scrolling.

Thank you for your excellent product! I was using a different lesson plan website that I thought I really liked. I recommended it to a colleague…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To allow our teachers more flexibility in the creation and management of Notes and To Do items, we have moved these to their own page in Planbook!

And to allow teachers to quickly view upcoming items, we have added a Reminders panel, to show events, classwork, notes and todos that are due in the next 7 days.

To view the Reminders panel, click the "Reminders" icon in the upper right corner of your Plans page.

17. have the option to apply changes to a lesson that has been extended.

There are times when I have completed a lesson plan and have clicked the extend button, but then realized I made a typo or forgot to put something in. When I go to edit the original lesson that was extended, I have to go through and make this change on the day to which the original lesson was extended. It would be great to have an option that allows me to copy these changes to those lessons that have been extended from the original one. Something like, "Do you wish to make these changes to extended lessons as well?"

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You now have the option to LINK multiple lessons together. This means that when you change one lesson, the others will automatically change as well. To create the link, select “Link Lesson” from the Lesson Action menu. Hope that helps, any questions just let us know!

18. Link Assessments to Lessons, Not Dates

I have added in my lessons and assessments, but when I had to "bump" the lessons, the assessments did NOT move... So now I have to go in and manually edit the dates for all 15 of them!! Ugh! It would be most helpful if an assessment could be tied to a specific lesson. The "lesson" that day just happens to be a test or quiz. This way, if you bump lessons, EVERYTHING shifts.

If the lessons have a unique lesson identifier, then the assessment could be attached to that lesson.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! You can now attach assignments and assessments directly to your lessons. Simply use the “Add Assignment” or “Add Assessment” options on the Lesson Action drop down. When you shift your lessons, your assessments/assignments will shift as well. Hope that helps, any questions just let us know!

19. Set font/size for Cycle Day headers

Have more options for fonts and sizes for cycle day numbers. I'd like to have it equal in size to the date/day.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The font and size for Cycle Day headers will now be based on the default font and size you select for your plans!

To adjust the default font and size, click "User Settings" > "Display Settings" > "General", and select your preferred Font Family and Font Size.

20. My Files - upload or delete in bulk

The system as it is now is cumbersome and time consuming

163 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now upload, move and delete multiple files in a single action!

To manage your files, go to your Resources" page, click the "Action" icon, and select "Manage".

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base