Skip to content

General

1375 results found

1. Make a "baseline" year

I want to be able to make a baseline year that has all of my units and lessons exactly as they are in my pacing guides. It's not working for me to copy from previous years because I make too many changes that I don't want to keep for the next year. I went back to a year before I started using planbook to create this myself, but it's a challenge since the calendar defaults to the current year. If the baseline could exist without being tied to a particular year, that would be helpful.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow teachers to set the font style and size on the lesson screen during input

I need the default font size to be bigger as I am typing. Ideally, it would be the style and size the display will be. Even wearing my contacts and my readers, the default size 10 Arial is too small. I have to make it bigger every time. I have been using Planbook since 2015, and this is my biggest pet peeve!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Extended lessons

Would it be possible to add some sort of visual aid (icon) to a lesson that has been extended (and the extended lesson) so that we can differentiate between them and a normal lesson

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news, we have added Lesson Linking to Planbook! Rather than copying lessons from a lesson bank or between classes, you can now create a LINK to the source lesson. This means that any changes you make will automatically show in ALL places where the lesson in linked!

When you extend a lesson, this will now automatically create a LINK to the initial source lesson. You will see that this is a link when you hover over the lesson, as an “LL” will appear.

4. Expand single lesson

When in the Lesson Bank, it would be great to be able to expand a single lesson when you select the "+" sign in stead of clicking it and all lessons in the bank expand. This way we can expand only those we want to open. When navigating to the lessons at the bottom of the bank, to make adjustments to, after you select the "+" it automatically takes you to the top lesson in the bank.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Move login button to left side of screen

When I open my browser and go to planbook.com, the login button if often hidden on the right hand side of the window. Even the horizontal scroll bar will not reveal the button. I have to resize the window in order to get to the login button.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Click on a strategy listed in a lesson, and be able to access looking at the details of it

I want to be able to read the blurb written in the strategy details, when looking at a lesson plan.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow teachers to set default font

I have to use the drop down menu to change to the font I want for all my classes and everyday-annoying. So please allow teachers to choose their own default font!

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now select a default font and size that will be applied to all labels and menus in Planbook!  You can also choose to have this default apply to your classes and lesson layouts. Note that you will be able to override the default as needed for individual layouts, classes and lessons.

To adjust the default font and size, click "User Settings" > "Display Settings" > "General", and select your preferred Font Family and Font Size.

8. Retain screen position when saving lesson in bank

Currently when you adjust a lesson in the bank, when you save the lesson, the screen takes you to the top of the bank instead of staying in the location that lesson that was adjusted is in.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Seating Chart - flexible room layouts

As of now, the seating chart is only a typical "rows" model. In many current classrooms, we use flexible seating. There need to be options for tables and other furniture as well as a non-standard design (objects need to be able to be placed anywhere).

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planbook allows full flexibility in creating layouts for your class rooms! You can now define your room layout using either "grid mode" (rows and columns) or "flexible mode" (free form drawing).

To create a room layout, go to your Seating Chart - Room Layouts page, and click the "Add" icon.

10. Send notification for new features

When planbook adds a new feature [or updates] send email option or line notification at beginning of week

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. spell check

I really wish that there was spell check when you are typing in your lessons.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All major browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari) now provide spell check capabilities as part of their standard functions! We recommend double-checking your browser settings to ensure Spell check is enabled. Please let us know if you have any questions at all.

12. Show one lesson at a time

When I use minus or plus buttons in lessons bank, all lessons are shown or hidden together. It would be interesting to hide or show only one lesson at a time.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please add more tabs to UNIT plans to include Universal Design.

UBD includes the following:
    Transfer skill
    Enduring understandings
    Standards
    Essential Questions
    Knowledge
    Skills
    YOu can find out more about it anywhere. . . .but I know my district would be more likely to want to pay for planbook for its teachers if it could connect our UBD units with lesson plans.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow admin to mark lesson as reviewed

The only way to show that lesson plans have been checked now is to leave a comment. It would be nice to be able to provide a simple checkmark to show they have been read/approved without leaving a comment every week.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Teachers can now mark when their plans are "Ready" for the week! This adds a green "vertical bar" next to the teacher icon, to allow administrators to quickly see which teachers have completed their plans. Administrators can also mark when a teacher's plans have been "Reviewed/Approved" for the week.

In addition, Administrators can go to a new "Reporting - Plans" page, to track teacher plan submissions by week or year!

15. Delete all plans for year/month/week

I think it would be nice to have a delete button for the year, month and week. Sometimes I have to start over or maybe I made a mistake and this would make fixing it a whole lot easier.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To delete a group of lessons for a specific class or your entire year, just click Go To → Classes or School Year. Here, use the three-dot icon in the upper-right to select “Manage Lessons”. This will allow you to select up to one year of lessons quickly to delete those quickly.

16. Quick hide/show individual lesson

On the display of the lesson beside the drop down menu you could create a button that you could press to hid the lesson and unhide the lesson. This would make navigating daily lessons tons easier and allow for more versatility in using the planbook for all around planning.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now quickly hide/show the contents of all your lessons, as well each individual lesson!

To hide/show the contents of all your lessons, click the "Hide/Show Details" icon in the top menu.

To hide/show the contents of an individual lesson, click the "Hide/Show" icon at the bottom of each lesson box.

17. Section to add notes to students

Hi, I need to make some notes on each student such as SEN data etc.. however when I click on a student it only allows me to enter email, details etc... how can I make notes for each student please

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To allow our teachers more flexibility in the creation and management of Notes and To Do items, we have moved these to their own page in Planbook!

When adding notes, you can also indicate if the note is specific to a student and/or a class in your plans.

18. Change the cover page each year so we don't see the same face every time we log in.

Change the cover page each year so we don't see the same face every time we log in. Maybe a nature scene, or anything with lighting and artistic composition or flair.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Lesson Banks

While teaching a unit that I copy and past from my Lesson Bank into my Daily Plans, I often make changes to those lessons as I'm teaching them or add additional resources items.

Why can't we have on option to update our Lesson Bank immediately with the changes we make to the Daily Lessons from that Lesson Bank

Too often I loose my changes because I made them in the Daily Lessons as I teach each day because I have to remember to also go back to the Lesson Bank and update those lessons also with my changes.

It's so…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Thank you

I love the new schedule button where I can look at my entire schedule and drag and drop!!! This just saved me a plethora of time. Now I can print this too and not have to make another one in google!!.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?