General

1. strategy preview

I would love to be able to click on Teaching Strategies to see description before I add them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow for printing options so that I can print by Status.

I will often create one lesson and assign it the status New and reuse it for multiple days. I would like to be able to pull up only the lessons marked with the status New and print those by class at the end of each quarter or semester.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Easier to switch view between classes

When I click on a class to see the full view of that day's lesson, I can go to the edge of the box and click an arrow to go to the next day, or the previous day. I'm wondering if it would be possible to also add an "Up" and "Down" arrow to be able to shift to the next class that day? That would be really helpful!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make a "baseline" year

I want to be able to make a baseline year that has all of my units and lessons exactly as they are in my pacing guides. It's not working for me to copy from previous years because I make too many changes that I don't want to keep for the next year. I went back to a year before I started using planbook to create this myself, but it's a challenge since the calendar defaults to the current year. If the baseline could exist without being tied to a particular year, that would be helpful.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Lock just one lesson tab/section to date

Allow "lock lesson SECTION/TAB to date". Sometimes I add a special note/event/test to a date. I often just want that lesson SECTION/TAB to be locked, not all components of the lesson. It would be nice if I could choose to lock just one part of it (by tab) in addition to the option to lock the entire lesson to a specific date.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Print / Export Unit

When printing / exporting, I would like to choose a unit to export. It's such a hassle to figure out the dates and use them, plus sometimes there are days within a time period that don't apply to the unit.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Template Copying

I have created templates for some of my lesson plans, when a teacher goes to copy my lessons what I have in the template does not copy --- which is frustrating! i would love for teachers to be able to copy my lessons that I use a template for and have all information carry over.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow students to delete and rearrange classes.

My students have built their own schedules by adding classes. However, if they add one by accident or their schedule changes, they are unable to delete the class. It would be helpful if they had more control over their schedule.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow assignments to be graded complete/not complete.

Instead of just a numeric score, allowing assignments to be graded as completed or not completed. If it's complete, the student would get full credit towards their grade. This would be helpful in my special education classroom where accuracy as in score may be more ambiguous depending on staff support and modified assignments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make it possible to post to Google Classroom's Stream. Teachers have assignments, like math or reading, that are not actual "assignments."

It would be great to make it possible to post to Google Classroom's Stream and not just "Classwork" tab. Teachers have assignments, like math problems or reading, that are not actual "assignments" done on Classroom that they want to communicate with students and parents (through guardian summaries). This would save teachers a lot of time from re-entering information in both programs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Show or hide lessons in lessons bank

When I use minus or plus buttons in lessons bank, all lessons are shown or hidden together. It would be interesting to hide or show only one lesson at a time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow lesson status to be changed across range of lessons simultaneously

Often I want to change the status of several lessons in a class and it is tedious to need to go through and change each individually. It would be helpful to have the ability to select multiple lessons on the lesson plan (either by day, week, or across a group of lessons in the same class) and be able to change the status for that range simultaneously.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Delete all plans for year/month/week

I think it would be nice to have a delete button for the year, month and week. Sometimes I have to start over or maybe I made a mistake and this would make fixing it a whole lot easier.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. allow Specials/Enrichments Teachers to add students by CLASS, not by a lump (I have 201 students!).

I'd love to be able to click on the class, and add students from there. Is there a better way to add students, so I don't have to pick them out of a giant set for my five individual classes?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Include Google Classroom assignments within the class box instead of making a separate box for every assignment.

Sometimes I have multiple assignments due for a single class period and don't want a separate box for each one. They should all be included in one box per class per day.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Promote student to another school

Allow admins to promote students to higher schools. If the student's grade level is currently the school's top grade level, provide a way for admins to transfer the students to a different school.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create a visual bar graph of standards taught

I wondered if there was a way to incorporate something that I am doing with many schools to analyze the gaps in the standards being taught. At this point we export their standards, then create a spreadsheet from which we create a bar graph of the standards taught in the year. We then can visually see which standards are being taught too much or too little or not at all. The teachers have great conversations over these visual standards and determine what needs to change.

Thanks so much for taking the time to look at this work and consider adding…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Extend attachments to multiple days

It would be much more convenient if we could extend attachments to multiple days just like we can standards

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base