Skip to content

General

1375 results found

1. Option to restore deleted lessons

There have been several times when bumping lessons due to snow days that I have had lessons disappear. Thankfully, someone on the chat was able to restore my lessons, but it would be nice to be able to do that myself because there have been times that this has happened outside of office hours.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our new Change History feature offers a comprehensive view of all actions you take on your plans, and allows you to UNDO the most recent changes.

To access your Change History, click "User Settings" > "Change History".

2. Create an option to archive old content and classes

Create an option to archive old content and classes

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All prior classes and lessons are automatically saved in your account. Each year, we recommend that you use the “Add Year” process to create a new school year, and this ensures that all of your prior years retain their content. Hope that helps, do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.

3. Open one subject for the week

It would be so much more efficient to be able to type in all of my plans for one subject for the week rather than having to click on every single day separately. I would love for the subjects to open up like a table of sorts and be able to keep typing my plans for the entire week for that subject. There's a lot of time wasted having to continually click on every day every subject.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The List View provides an easy way to focus on adding or updating lessons for one subject at a time. We hope this helps, any questions please let us know at support@planbook.com 

4. Allow admin to view plan "submit timestamp"

Incorporate a time stamp so that administrators can document when plans are submitted.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Teachers can now mark when their plans are "Ready" for the week! This adds a green "vertical bar" next to the teacher icon, to allow administrators to quickly see which teachers have completed their plans. Administrators can also mark when a teacher's plans have been "Reviewed/Approved" for the week.

In addition, Administrators can go to a new "Reporting - Plans" page, to track teacher plan submissions by week or year!

5. To Do and Notes should generate a symbol

A symbol at the marked day or class for a to-do list or note.
    The idea is that you see that there is a note or to-do, even if the list itself if being clicked away.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To allow our teachers more flexibility in the creation and management of Notes and To Do items, we have moved these to their own page in Planbook!

And to allow teachers to quickly view upcoming items, we have added a Reminders panel, to show events, classwork, notes and todos that are due in the next 7 days.

To view the Reminders panel, click the "Reminders" icon in the upper right corner of your Plans page.

6. Restore login fields to homepage

I'm a big keyboard shortcut guy. I noticed you changed the Planbook home page so that the login fields are no longer right there on the page. You now have to click a button to get the login box to pop up. I just wanted to put in a request for a change back to the old way and/or providing a way to go directly to the login page from a URL. It's not a big deal, but I go to the Planbook website multiple times a day, and now I have an extra click every time I do so.…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sign In has been moved to a stand alone page! You can now link directly to the sign in page, to skip the step of  clicking on a "Login" button each time.

7. Sharing plans without downloading them

I would like to be able to look at peoples plans without downloading them into my plans. It would be nicer to have access to peoples stuff and pick and choose what I like to download for myself using the basic copy and paste that is in the drop down menu in every lesson. To be able to just click into their Planbook year like I do with my previous years.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a private notebook

Accessible under the 'Go To' section, so teachers can record behaviour details etc. without it being visible on the home page.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To allow our teachers more flexibility in the creation and management of Notes and To Do items, we have moved these to their own page in Planbook!

And to allow teachers to quickly view upcoming items, we have added a Reminders panel, to show events, classwork, notes and todos that are due in the next 7 days.

To view the Reminders panel, click the "Reminders" icon in the upper right corner of your Plans page.

9. Allow emojis in file and lesson titles

Hello. I am new to Planbook, and am trying to coordinate it with my Google Drive. I use Emojis in Drive to give a visual cue about my files,

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Keep full To Do List visible when I view Notes

I have a long list of To-Dos, and when I choose to view my Notes below, they jump up over the To-Do list and cover it so I can't see all of them; instead I have to scroll down the very small To-Do list. I'd like to see my full To-Do list at all times, otherwise I forget what is there.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Display notes with the month to which they are assigned

Since we have the option to assign a date range to a Note, I would like to see that note during the selected date range and have it no longer show after that date range. Or at least give us the option to choose when to show the note (with the date range or indefinitely).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. when you adopt a new idea, or change something, allow us the option to receive a notification

when PB adopts a new idea, or changes something, allow us the option to receive a notification.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Grades - Show title on hover

I have a tendency to give my assignments specific long names. As a result I often have to click on the assignment to read which one it is in relation to a unit that may all start with a similar title. The ability to see the title when I hover over the entry would be helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. DD/MMM/YY Date format

Allow dates to be displayed with a DD MMM YYYY format. For example, 12 Dec 2020, 1 Jan 2021. Because dates are seen in DD/MM and MM/DD formats in different places, not just in this service, allowing abbreviations for months clears up the confusion.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As part of our new User Interface in v12, we now show most dates in a more intuitive "MMM DD" or "DD-MMM" format!

To change your date format, click "User Settings" > "Display Settings" > "Dates & Times".

15. Make Co-teaching simplified!!

My coteacher and I found it extremely difficult and time consuming to make sure that we could both view AND edit all of our classes. Coteaching is very common now and this should not be so difficult!!!! We finally figured it out but it was NOT easy!
    We want to both be able to to edit math (and every other subject). The replica/view/etc process was exhausting.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news, we have added Lesson Linking to Planbook! Rather than copying lessons from a lesson bank or between classes, you can now create a LINK to the source lesson. This means that any changes you make will automatically show in ALL places where the lesson in linked! To learn more, visit our knowledge base at https://planbook.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1947022-the-copy-screen

Lesson Linking, when combined with Lesson Banks, provides teachers and schools with a powerful curriculum management tool. Teachers can collaborate on the development of curriculum (classes, units, lessons), store the curriculum in lesson banks, and set permissions for who can view or edit the banks.

16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The 10 vote limit helps to encourage teachers to choose the items most valuable to them and helps us prioritize adding those features. You may remove votes from any item you’ve previously voted on to get those votes back.

17. Extended lessons

Would it be possible to add some sort of visual aid (icon) to a lesson that has been extended (and the extended lesson) so that we can differentiate between them and a normal lesson

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news, we have added Lesson Linking to Planbook! Rather than copying lessons from a lesson bank or between classes, you can now create a LINK to the source lesson. This means that any changes you make will automatically show in ALL places where the lesson in linked!

When you extend a lesson, this will now automatically create a LINK to the initial source lesson. You will see that this is a link when you hover over the lesson, as an “LL” will appear.

18. Move login button to left side of screen

When I open my browser and go to planbook.com, the login button if often hidden on the right hand side of the window. Even the horizontal scroll bar will not reveal the button. I have to resize the window in order to get to the login button.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Click on a strategy listed in a lesson, and be able to access looking at the details of it

I want to be able to read the blurb written in the strategy details, when looking at a lesson plan.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. School Day counter by quarter or semester

I teach quarter, semester, and yearlong classes and would like to be able to see which day it is during each class.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?