Skip to content

General

1375 results found

1. Saving Printing Preferences

In the previous version of Planbook, my preference settings for printing were able to be saved and I didn't have to change it each time I wanted to print. It currently defaults to plans per day and I prefer a weekly view. Is there a way to save my preference?

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add design themes

The basic white background with standard font type is pretty generic. It is functional, but it would be nice to be able to apply some different designs to change things up and allow for that custom feel.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planbook v12 offers a new User Interface that is more modern, intuitive, customizable and FAST! You can adjust your display with new options, including custom fonts, dark mode, reduced brightness of past days, school day/week counters (up and down), view by cycle, and a reminders panel.

To change your display settings, click "User Settings" > "Display Settings".

3. Change pre-set holidays and events

As a Canadian, it doesn't make sense to have to deal with every American holiday. It makes more sense to be able to customize the pre-existing ones (for example, I don't care about the US election or American Thanksgiving but we do celebrate Halloween and Valentine's Day)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can turn off the auto display of all holidays by clicking User Settings > Display Settings > Events & Stickers, and unchecking "Show all Holidays".  You can also remove individual auto display holiday stickers by clicking on the action icon for the sticker, and selecting "Delete". 

4. Create a weekly to do list

I would love to be able to keep a weekly to do list with my plans. For example, enter grades every Monday, sharpen pencils every Tuesday, etc. Attaching these tasks to my daily plans, and keeping them consistent throughout the year, would help me stay organized.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now set your To Do items to repeat daily or weekly!  This is a wonderful way to maintain reminders of your weekly classroom tasks.  When you mark it as done, it will vanish from your Reminders panel, and then reappear the following week!

To set up daily or weekly To Do items, go to your Notes & To Do page, and click the "Add" icon to add a new item.

5. Sort Units by Start Date

It would be nice to be able to sort Units by start date. This would allow us to see a "year at a glace" and make it easier to find units based on when they occur. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Import csv to lesson bank

I want to import from a CSV into a lesson bank.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Option to hide past days

I'd love it if you would add the feature where you can hide days that are completed within a week...but not get rid of them. So for example, now that I have completed Monday and Tuesday I'd love to hide those days so I can just see the days I have left. But I still want to be able to view those days in case I need to look at the info I wrote in the plans. Hope that makes sense. THANK YOU!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To make it easier for you to distinguish between prior and future days in your plans, you can now reduce the brightness of prior days!

To change the display of prior days in your plans, click "User Settings" > "Display Settings" > "General", and select "Reduce Brightness of Past Days".

8. Change class name font for multiple classes

I'd like to be able to select all the classes I want to and change all the title fonts at once!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you change your default font (User Settings > Display Settings > General > Font Family), this will then give you an option to apply the new font/size to all classes and lesson layouts.

9. Bump all lessons for entire day

When I have a sub, they can't usually do the same thing that I would have done in class (foreign language). I have to individually bump each class's lesson plans to add sub-friendly plans. There is a function to do this for no school days, but it would be nice to have one that allows you to enter different plans.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now bump all your lessons for an entire day!  To bump your lessons, click the "Action" icon in the day header, and then "Bump Day".

10. Offer rostering for accounts

Having to make accounts manually is inefficient and leads to support tickets for new teachers. It needs to support Classlink, Clever, or even nightly sftp uploads for automating account creation for staff.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planbook now supports fully automated rostering for schools and districts! You can pull information (Teachers, Students, Courses, Schedules) directly from your Student Information System (SIS), and have it preloaded into Planbook for your administrators, teachers and students to begin using on day one of the school year!

To learn more about how to set up automated rostering for your school or district, please contact our Customer Success team at 888-205-5528 or via email at support@planbook.com

11. Mobile Apps - Hide "School Day" counter

iOS app, latest version. I am so annoyed that there is no option to turn off the "School Day" information at the top of the screen. This is just clutter - completely irrelevant information. Please add an option for this display option to allow subscribers to turn it OFF.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To hide the School Day counter, click User Settings > Display Settings > General and turn off "Show School Day Counter".  This will hide the school day counter on both the website and mobile apps.

12. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Teachers are now able to send messages directly to individual administrators in a school or district, and administrators can choose to receive an email notification when a message is sent!

13. Notes and To Do be larger vertically

Can the Notes and To Do be larger vertically? There is so much unused space below that area. Expanding the notes and to do sections horizontally cuts into my plans. I want to see the whole note. Not just a line or two. Thank you!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To allow our teachers more flexibility in the creation and management of Notes and To Do items, we have moved these to their own page in Planbook!

And to allow teachers to quickly view upcoming items, we have added a Reminders panel, to show events, classwork, notes and todos that are due in the next 7 days.

To view the Reminders panel, click the "Reminders" icon in the upper right corner of your Plans page.

14. Mobile Apps - Add attendance tracker

The new mobile app is excellent and a definite upgrade from the old one. As someone who teaches from an iPad, so I use the mobile app, it's very frustrating to not be able to track attendance within the application itself.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! Student Attendance Tracking is now available on the Planbook Mobile app! We hope this helps, any questions please let us know.

15. Remove line break on My List entries

Eliminate the line break <br> after the Standard ID on My List, so it doesn't leave a blank space... you fixed this with Standards, but...

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Option to restore deleted lessons

There have been several times when bumping lessons due to snow days that I have had lessons disappear. Thankfully, someone on the chat was able to restore my lessons, but it would be nice to be able to do that myself because there have been times that this has happened outside of office hours.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our new Change History feature offers a comprehensive view of all actions you take on your plans, and allows you to UNDO the most recent changes.

To access your Change History, click "User Settings" > "Change History".

17. Add lesson title checkbox to lesson action - copy

If I paste "All" it copies everything, including the lesson title. If I select a few items to copy instead of "All" and copy the lesson, it only copies the lesson text, not the title. I think the lesson title should be tied to the lesson so that if you select to copy just the lesson, that automatically includes the title.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The Ability to Move Classes to non-class days

My weekly teaching schedule is quite fluid, and often I will have classes that get moved to day that is not normally a scheduled class day. It would be great it Planbook had to flexibility to allow moving individual classes to days when the class is not normally scheduled.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To move a class to a non-class day, you can use the Add menu to “Add Extra Lesson”. This will allow you to create a new lesson for your class on any day you need. There is no limit to the number of extra lessons you can add for a class, and is absolutely fine to have more than one lesson for a class on a single day. Hope that helps, any questions just let us know.

19. Mobile - Add iOS font size option

I am visually impaired and that is a helpful resource

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! The iOS font size feature has been added to our new Planbook Mobile app! Hope that helps, any questions please let us know. Thanks!

20. Notes having its own page

I would love a page where it's notes like post its where I can post to that and then delete and check off things as I go along. I know the side line feature exist but it would be nice to have a page dedicated to notes that you wouldn't want to delete right away.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To allow our teachers more flexibility in the creation and management of Notes and To Do items, we have moved these to their own page in Planbook!

And to allow teachers to quickly view upcoming items, we have added a Reminders panel, to show events, classwork, notes and todos that are due in the next 7 days.

To view the Reminders panel, click the "Reminders" icon in the upper right corner of your Plans page.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 68 69
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base