General

1. Have a Subgroup Feature for Student Data

Add a feature that will allow for teachers to identify testing subgroups when adding differentiated strategies. This would allow a quicker, easier way to provide evidence of intentional differentiation for subgroups (Gateway or Academically Gifted, 504, IEP, African American, ELL, Native American, etc) as districts are beginning to require that teachers have this documented in their plans.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Attendance Spread Sheet

It would be nice to have all the students names on a spread sheet with the following data.
    Days Open
    Pupils Enrolled
    Total Pupil days attendance for the month
    Total pupil-days enrollment for month
    average attendance for the month
    Percentage of attendance for the month
    *Yearly summary

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow all attachments to a lesson to be printed when the lesson is printed, rather than having to download each attachment separately.

I already have all the attachments to my lessons on my computer. I was hoping that by uploading them to my plans in Planbook I'd be able to hit print and my lesson and all attachments would print. It doesn't make any sense for me to have to download the attachments or go back into my computer and print those separately when I could just write my lesson plan in Word instead of Planbook and paste in the things I want to add (like posters, handouts, etc.) so it's all in one place.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Share lesson plans with a co-teacher

Send a lesson to someone else. So, if I write lesson plans for a particular lesson, I can send that lesson to my teaching partner, who could accept it and put it in her own lesson plans.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Set Up Alternate Schedule for entire week / Early Dismissals / Days of the Week

As an elementary music teacher, I see different classes on each day of the week. When I set up my normal schedule, I get to pick the days of the week and frequency. But when I create an alternate schedule, I only can select the time.

It would be great if the alternate schedule would carry over the day specifications from the master calendar -- OR perhaps create the ability to have an "Early Release" schedule that is modified from the master.

As it is now, I either have to have 5 different classes show up for each time block…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Duplicating Entire Week of Prior Lessons

Planbook should add this important feature whereby a teacher is able to duplicate an entire prior week of lessons into a current or future week.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dark Mode (Web, iOS, Android, etc.)

With dark modes becoming so popular on websites, on apps, and on operating systems as a whole, it seems like an oversight here! This should be implemented in all forms that Planbook exists.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Choose which Tab is open by default.

I enjoy planbook. One of the advantages is that I can create a "substitute" tab, where I list all my directions that will never change (procedural stuff, locations, times, etc) and not have to repeat that whenever I make sub plans. When I print sub plans, though, those directions end up coming AFTER my lesson directions. I want it to come before.
    I know I can move the tabs around so the "sub" tab is first, but then when I go in to make my lesson plans every day, the sub tab is the tab that is automatically open. That…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow teachers to set the font style and size on the lesson screen during input

I need the default font size to be bigger as I am typing. Ideally, it would be the style and size the display will be. Even wearing my contacts and my readers, the default size 10 Arial is too small. I have to make it bigger every time. I have been using Planbook since 2015, and this is my biggest pet peeve!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Event titles not to take the place of the subject when printing.

When there is an event (ex. no school) on a given day. It counts that as my first class for that day. When I print, it shifts all my classes down and then my subjects are no longer together on one page unless I make up events for the rest of the days so it's "even". It's so frustrating b/c the administration puts those in and we can't delete them for printing purposes!! Thanks =)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. allow for Shared Team Google Drives to be accessed in order to attach activities.

A lot of my activities/presentations are on a shared Team drive, and I cannot upload them as team drives are not allowed to be accessed. It would be really beneficial for myself and my team, if we could load these documents from our team drive to our lesson plans.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add an option to modify attendance options

I need to be able to track more than what is currently offered in the attendance tab.

I would like to add options such as early dismissals, excused/unexcused, and notes to this section of the site.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. strategy preview

I would love to be able to click on Teaching Strategies to see description before I add them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add check mark to lesson steps to track how far we get

I teach computers to elementary students. Most lessons cover multiple days. Each unit has lots of steps, and some classes get further than others. I would love to have a bullet system that would allow me to click steps that are completed so when I extend the lesson to the next week I could quickly see how far this class got compare to another

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Easier to switch view between classes

When I click on a class to see the full view of that day's lesson, I can go to the edge of the box and click an arrow to go to the next day, or the previous day. I'm wondering if it would be possible to also add an "Up" and "Down" arrow to be able to shift to the next class that day? That would be really helpful!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add lunch breaks / duty as a setting

When starting the year I want to be able to add my recess and lunch breaks into my planner. I would also like to add if and where I have duty please.
    Currently I just have my breaks as a "class"
    Thanks!

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make planbook.com a live document for collaboration.

Make planbook.com to have the ability for colleagues to collaborate on the same class/lesson at the same time. I have a student teacher and when she and I are planning together we have to click the refresh button each time to see what the other person has typed. I think it should be similar to a Google doc feature where as you type the people on your planbook can see it.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow teachers to set own default font

I have to use the drop down menu to change to the font I want for all my classes and everyday-annoying. So please allow teachers to choose their own default font!

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base